Unofficial Buildup to the 2010/11 Ashes

I think they tried to make the SL ODI series something like the very first Chappell-Hadlee series back in 2004.

Darn, wanted to watch Moises Henriques and Daniel Smith make the English attack look like First Grade cricketers again. Will defo be trying to get to NSW vs Sri Lanka though.

Once all are fit & form remains good for 2010, the teams should line up like @ the Gabba IMO like:

ENGLAND

Strauss
Cook
Trott
KP
Colly
Bell
Prior/Kiewswetter
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Onions

Back-ups: Morgan, Prior/Kieswetter, Sidebottom, Rankin/Tremlett, Key/Carberry

AUSTRALIA:

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Katich
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfy
Bollinger

Yes AUS can play an all seam attack in Brisbane.

ENGLAND

Strauss
Cook
Trott
KP
Colly
Bell
Prior/Kiewswetter
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Onions

Back-ups: Morgan, Prior/Kieswetter, Sidebottom, Rankin/Tremlett, Key/Carberry

AUSTRALIA:

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Katich
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfy
Bollinger

Yes AUS can play an all seam attack in Brisbane.

Hopefully Kiewswetter takes his chances this Bangla tour and against Pakistan. I have never been a fan of Prior.

That Aussie seam attack looks good

Johnson
Siddle
Hilfy
Bollinger

Maybe Siddle might not make it, there are younger options that might look better by next Aussie summer.

How many more Tests do Australia play before the Ashes? Just the 2 against Pakistan?

Funny how the Aussie seam attack you mentioned would not have been heard of in 06 but are probably the best attack around right now.

I doubt they will go in without a spinner. Hauritz has been doing well and will probably play.

Maybe Harris will have a killer tour of NZ and England and cement his spot.....lots of cricket over the next 6 months, Bollinger or Hilfy may go out of favour through average performances.

Maybe Harris will have a killer tour of NZ and England and cement his spot.....lots of cricket over the next 6 months, Bollinger or Hilfy may go out of favour through average performances.

Bollinger has been a gun, he is #1 pick.

Why are the Australians so quick to dismiss McKay? He's done nothing wrong as of yet. Bowls a good line, and on a good length, keeps the runs down and takes more than enough wickets.

Always neutral in Ashes contests.

How's that possible? Im not English but just because of my English parents I have a strong hatred for Australia love for England.

Never heard of a neutral Ashes fan

Why are the Australians so quick to dismiss McKay? He's done nothing wrong as of yet. Bowls a good line, and on a good length, keeps the runs down and takes more than enough wickets.

I haven't seen him do any of the above.

I haven't seen him do any of the above.

He had one average test. He's not pushing for a first XI spot, but he should be there or thereabouts imo. He has a good record in a strong domestic competition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread