WC 2007 Final

Got to keep in mind that despite the hitting the Req.runrate is still over 8. One wicket and I suspect it's all over.

I sense a collective lack of Aussie supporters here. Should all change with the next wicket. ;)

aussie1st said:
Thank God that powerplay is over. SL is having similar luck to what we had.
Hmmm starting to rain what rubbish.
Damn, are you serious? That would be sad, if the WC final is decided by messieurs D and L.

If SL lose 9 more wickets, I don't see them coming back.

Adarsh said:
Got to keep in mind that despite the hitting the Req.runrate is still over 8. One wicket and I suspect it's all over.
i disagree jayawardene is probably the best batsman in the side except jayasuriya if he goes it probz is all over...

Will_NA said:
If SL lose 9 more wickets, I don't see them coming back.
I don't see India coming back into contention for the 2007 cricket world cup either, at least not anytime soon.

covlad-99 said:
i disagree jayawardene is probably the best batsman in the side except jayasuriya if he goes it probz is all over...
It looks like a pitch that takes a while to get in. Hayden took a while to get settled and then gave it away, as did Ponting and Symonds. So I think a wicket would be crucial.

Good 50 from Jayasuriya, this will be very interesting now that Hogg is on. Last thing we need is another bowler that we may need to fill in overs for.

I reckon Clarke could do a job for Australia. He could tie down an end

covlad-99 said:
i never said a wicket wouldnt be crucial
I think it could also be decisive. Remember the Aus-South Africa group game? South Africa looked like they could win it until AB de Villiers got out and Smith retired hurt.

I sense that one of the two teams playing today will go on to win the World Cup.

A wicket would completely destroy the momentum. Besides Jayawardene doesn't score too quickly at first, nd they don't have any real power hitters. Chamara Silva is decent, but I wouldn't bank on him to win Sri Lanka the World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread