WC 2007 Final

Go Hoggy, big wicket of Sangakkara and could well have had Jayasuriya. He has certainly proved me wrong this WC.

Sangakkara gone !! It's very hard for Sri Lanka now. It would take a miracle for them to win it.

Australia have got one and a half hands on the world cup.

That sucks. Sangakkara is out. Just as he was going good.

There's the crucial breakthrough. I hope the Sri Lankans have more backbone than the other Asian teams. :)

Adarsh said:
A wicket would completely destroy the momentum. Besides Jayawardene doesn't score too quickly at first, nd they don't have any real power hitters. Chamara Silva is decent, but I wouldn't bank on him to win Sri Lanka the World Cup.
Jayawardene has just about enough time to play himself in. The next batsman probably won't, though.

Also, I wonder what the D/L par is, with rain in the air and all.

At least this isn't a boring final. :) But Sri Lanka needs to find the boundary in each over to make an effort.

I think we got the last of the rain.
What are you doing Watson stay away from the pads we bearly have any protection down there.

One thing that Sri Lanka can hold onto is that this is a normal Twenty20 situation 151 off 17 overs with 8 wickets left. Not to mention one of the most destructive batsman for years is well set. But I think Tait's next spell is crucial, he destroy or self destroy.

Unless they have a McMillian waiting in the wings then definitely Jayasuriya would seal the game. Not too confident when the game is this close seeing how our bowling fell apart in NZ. I hope we don't use Watson at the death again.

Drewska said:
One thing that Sri Lanka can hold onto is that this is a normal Twenty20 situation 151 off 17 overs with 8 wickets left. Not to mention one of the most destructive batsman for years is well set. But I think Tait's next spell is crucial, he destroy or self destroy.
I feel Hoggy could do more damage than Tait. A quick couple of wickets or couple of overs would change the rhythm of the game.

Jayawardene is going more then run-a-ball. And that's good.

aussie1st said:
Unless they have a McMillian waiting in the wings then definitely Jayasuriya would seal the game. Not too confident when the game is this close seeing how our bowling fell apart in NZ. I hope we don't use Watson at the death again.
I think Dilshan is the closest Lanka get to a power hitter. One feels that Australia would really have to help Sri Lanka a lot for the latter to win, though.

Clarke on this could be make or break here. Last thing we need is SL closing down that gap between runs and balls left.

Users who are viewing this thread