WC 2007 Final

aussie1st said:
Ball looks to be keeping low off Tait now, almost could have bowled Jayawardene off the first ball. RRR right on 10 an over that is going to take some doing.
Especially with the ball keeping low. The ball change is about 10 overs away as well.

Rain stopped play. Not what you would like to see in a final.

Well, looks like a sad end to the World Cup. Not that rain didn't rub it's face all over this cup. :-P

What's funny is that 24.5 overs were bowled. By the old rules, one more ball would have constituted a match. :D

If we're being brutally honest it would be very unlikely for Sri Lanka to win. I'd say less than 5%. Therefore, it's not like D&L is being unfair.

Aagh. What a shame. i hate the D/L method. It can really make life difficult for the chasing side. Not really fair.

Adarsh said:
If we're being brutally honest it would be very unlikely for Sri Lanka to win. I'd say less than 5%. Therefore, it's not like D&L is being unfair.
There's no need to be brutally honest about it either. Sri Lanka are very, very unlikely to win this. In fact, the best chance they have is with the aid of D/L.

Its jus Fing riddiculus. I mean u can understand that during the group matches u can use the D/L but during the WC FINAL? I mean everyone wants to see a full fair game and SL were going great and now it looks like aussies are jus going to be gifted the trophy. its hard to beat them as it is but to be gifted. its a farce.

it could've been a last over thriller. now we'll never know

Adarsh said:

Yeah ofcourse if u say so. they needed 8.2 runs an over before sanath got out trying to get to the d/l target with 8 wickets in hand. it could've been done.

Users who are viewing this thread