WC 2007 Final

Will_NA said:
So, you're saying Australia don't deserve this (probable) victory? That Gilchrist didn't play superbly? That Gilchrist didn't take risks and luck favours the brave?
Gils played well. Credit to him.
But they were lucky and the sirils the opposite. And if u look at the SC, Gills is the only one who batted for Aus.

masterkhan06 said:
Totally Agree This is the wrost final I ever seen.

What's so bad about it? The fact that Australia are winning?

Eddie said:
Due to the conditions, the World Cup was deicde upon who won the toss...

any team batting 2nd would have had no chance.

I doubt even the Aussie take much pride in winning like this
They'll still rub it in our face like waving a sandwhich in front of a starving man for 4 years.

Will_NA said:
What's so bad about it? The fact that Australia are winning?
The conditions, and the ICC/TV Companies failure to use a perfectly good reserve day.

Cricketman93 said:
Gils played well. Credit to him.
But they were lucky and the sirils the opposite. And if u look at the SC, Gills is the only one who batted for Aus.

why have they taken the light!!!???

The Aussie batsmen played a supporting role

Light offered one of the worst ways to end the final. We did all we could to make it a good game but rain continued to stuff it up.

Oh well Australia World Champions once again :p
3 in a row now, first ever time in history.

Thanks for giving us the win Sri Lanka! Cheers! The Cup is ours!

Australia is the World Cup 2007 Champions :happy:happy

Australia have won the World Cup. Congratulations to them and the Australians here. :clap

Lol took about further making it the worst final yet, Dar is saying Australia shouldn't celebrate as the game isn't over yet. Haha now he is telling the people bringing the stage out to go back.

masterkhan06 said:
McGrath was only good against tailenders

i hope that's a joke

haha. this is a farce. what is going on. have they won it or not?

I'm sick and tired of the negativity of some of the posts by members of this thread throughout this World Cup. I'm English and even I can admit that Australia were, by far, the best.

bangladesh would have won if they'd batted 1st..

if the ICC want to save the reputation of world cricket, they'll replay a 50/50 match tomorrow..and just forget the nonsense of today

Great performance from Australia; clearly showing that they were the better team out there. Given a fresh, full day of cricket, I think the result could have been different. Not to take anything away from Australia, though, having gone through two whole World Cups unbeaten.

Users who are viewing this thread