WC 2007 Final

Well done Australia. You can't argue the fact that they've been the best team for nearly a decade. They deserve this win.

So, what will you Australians do in the upcoming night/morning?

charith said:
Gosh the government has disconnected the power in the capital, colombo coz of threats of air attacks. OMG puts things into perspective. means people can't be watching the last moments of the game
I think that's the reason for the blackout. The government doesn't want to let the public know that their team is losing.

Adarsh said:
I think that's the reason for the blackout. The government doesn't want to let the public know that their team is losing.

R u an idiot or what? Theirs civil war in SL if u ddnt knw that already. winning a cricket match is trivial in comparison. get ur facts rite.

Cricketman93 said:
Anyways, Sirils were unlucky, Aussies were lucky.
With the toss. WIth the absence of swing from vass and co. to the sheer always-there swing from Bracks n co.
the weather. Gilly got SO lucky on so many occasions. Sanga being a gentleman and clearly saying he didn't catch Gils would have saved us 50 runs..

So, you're saying Australia don't deserve this (probable) victory? That Gilchrist didn't play superbly? That Gilchrist didn't take risks and luck favours the brave?

this is ending in farce..

Batting in the rain..in bad light..

whats the point of having a reserve day if they don't use them?

This final should have been played 50 overs a side making full use of the reserve day.

Having a world cup final end like this is rediculous...

Finally McGrath got a wicket :clap what a catch taken by Gilly

Australia sure deserve this win (almost inevitable). Theyve worked really hard and well - what a track record they have for WC matches. They haven't lost a single WC match for agesssss...

Eddie said:
this is ending in farce..

Batting in the rain..in bad light..

whats the point of having a reserve day if they don't use them?

This final should have been played 50 overs a side making full use of the reserve day.

Having a world cup final end like this is rediculous...
Totally Agree This is the wrost final I ever seen.

Due to the conditions, the World Cup was deicde upon who won the toss...

any team batting 2nd would have had no chance.

I doubt even the Aussie take much pride in winning like this

Users who are viewing this thread