WC 2007 Final

I don't care if Michael Clarke has been labelled as the next Australian captain since u19s or whatever. The fact of the matter is that his soft. He doesn't have that toughness in him that Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting have.

I don't know about Cameron White. I don't really think he cuts the cake to be an International cricketer, TBH. He seems to be a slogger & he can't bowl for peanuts.

Also, Mike Hussey won't ever be a full-time captain. He'll more then likely retire at the same stage as what Ponting does.

i think sri lanka are gunna win because aussies like hayden and ponting wont be able to handle the pace of malinga the accuracy of vaas and the pure greatness of muttiah muralitharan, the aussies are overrated, they said that they havent been tested when sri lanka saved vaas and malinga for this final as they never played against australia in the super 8s.

I noticed one thing in all the previous world cups since 1996,
Australia have reached the finals of 4 consecutive World Cups, they have played an Asian opponent all 4 times (Srilanka in 96, Pakistan in 99, India in 03, Sri Lanka in 07 )
The last time they lost a WC Final was against Sri Lanka. Hope that they do it again . Sri Lanka must get Murali into action early, just as a surprise option if Hayden and Gilly get going like they did in the 2003 Final.

I know that the Aussies are the favorites but Iam keeping my fingers crossed for the Lankans !

Given the fact he doesn't like it when people come around the wicket normally I think if Malinga does it it could cause Gilly serious problems. I think we could see a big knock from him today though.

covlad-99 said:
i think sri lanka are gunna win because aussies like hayden and ponting wont be able to handle the pace of malinga the accuracy of vaas and the pure greatness of muttiah muralitharan, the aussies are overrated, they said that they havent been tested when sri lanka saved vaas and malinga for this final as they never played against australia in the super 8s.
What's saying Hayden won't loft Malinga out of the stadium? His done it in the past to Shoaib Akhtar. :rolleyes:
And as far as accuracy goes, 'the king' of accuracy Shaun Pollock was on the end of an 83 run drumming earlier in the tournament when we batted 1st against South Africa.
We have been tested in small periods of this tournament, but really in the end we've just outclassed the opposition. And it takes insensitive posts like this...
sohummisra said:
It's not about whether Australia is going to win or not but the way you present yourself as an Australian fan. Every fan has the right to brag when their team is doing well but the way most Australian fans seem to go about it is pretty pathetic. I certainly hope that PC isn't a good sample of the Australian cricket fan population (given that there are so many kids here) because I would be pretty aghast if there was not a significant portion of your fan-base that walked on the ground rather than in the clouds.
Not to realize.

Shaun Pollock is obviously a great bowler as he used to play for the great side of warwickshire ccc, but vaas is an entirely different bowler1!!for one he uses his left arm and he has had a much better run of form this world cup!!!
and i do admit that matthew hayden is one of the best opening batsman the world has ever seen, forget your sachin tendulkar, they are yesterday's type of batsman, nowadays its all about hayden and jayasuriya and they both happen to be in the world cup final of the 2007 world cup.forget what everybody says about this year's world cup, that its boring because it hasnt been! we've had:
Hayden's 158
Malinga's 4 in 4
Murali + McGrath's record breaking world cup
India's 400 odd in one innings
and of course poor old Bob Woolmer(RIP)
and who can forget 20stoner bermudan spinner dwayne leverock's catch!!
today's final could be the closest and best the world cup has ever seen

wfdu_ben91 said:
What's saying Hayden won't loft Malinga out of the stadium? His done it in the past to Shoaib Akhtar. :rolleyes:
And as far as accuracy goes, 'the king' of accuracy Shaun Pollock was on the end of an 83 run drumming earlier in the tournament when we batted 1st against South Africa.
We have been tested in small periods of this tournament, but really in the end we've just outclassed the opposition. And it takes insensitive posts like this...

Not to realize.

Last edited:
Less than half an hour to go. Hope for a good match.
I think the final should be a best of 3 matches thing just like the super series..

Seems as though it is overcast with rain causing some delay for this final match...according to baggygreen website...which is a pity!

desidudecool said:
its raining .it will be delayed.last thing we want is a 20 over match now.
and there was me thinking that it was always sunny in the carribean!!

Rains in Barbados
8.40am Puddles now forming on the covers ... still raining. " Doom and gloom pervading the echoing stadium," reports Miller. He is a glass-half-empty man on a good day. We will try to ignore him. If you have any comments, send them in and it will help pass the time as the rain falls.

Damn. This sucks. Since when does it rain on the Final of the WC that too in paradise :mad: :mad

desidudecool said:
its raining .it will be delayed.last thing we want is a 20 over match now.
I want a full game. I'd rather have it be played tomorrow..

WHAT!!! Is it raining right now? And is it going to be heavy?

Hooper said:
WHAT!!! Is it raining right now? And is it going to be heavy?
Puddles on the covers...that too the outfields going to be wet even if it stops.
Looks like we won't have a game for a while now... :mad: :mad :( :noway

Users who are viewing this thread