WC 2007 Final

i think the bowlers are going to dominate and i think sri lanka have the better bowlers but australia can bat on any pitch so i'm an absolute neutral!!!
PLAY TO START AT 3:15pm

really surprising that aus decided to bat first!!!!!! i could sense that mahela had a twinkle in his eye tbh. now Mali and Vaas would get to use the best bowling conditions overcast and gloomy!!!!

im with charith, malinga can be good in the worst of conditions, and when you are as consistent as chaminda vaas you'll take wickets anywhere, and murali can spin the ball on ice!!

looks like murali is going to be licking his lips at a sticky wicket..

a reduced over match is a real possibility now.what a bummer.icc suck with their rules,they have a reserve day and they would still reduce this.bad decision to bat first by ponting.now they dont know whether they are playing a 40 over match or a 30 over match.

that would be aight actually. Not too much of a loss..
When's play going to start? Still raining?

wfdu_ben91 said:
This would've never happened in Australia as we'd most likely move the final to the Telstra Dome. :D
Right, cause Cricket Australia would happily devastate the thousands of fans that had bought tickets at the original venue.

desidudecool said:
i hope they postpone it till tomorrow rather than a play a stupid 30 over a side match.but knowing the arrogant stupid icc they will never do that.
It's their rules... they can't bend it because that will show... weakness (not like they haven't shown that already).

sohummisra said:
It's their rules... they can't bend it because that will show... weakness (not like they haven't shown that already).
Show whom what weakness?
It takes a man to break the rules! :D :cool:

Sigh time to go back to sleep after hunting around for my alarm clock, I guess. This is a shameful intervention by mother nature.

Cricketman93 said:
Show whom what weakness?
It takes a man to break the rules! :D :cool:
Riiiiiiiiight, the ICC are a beacon of power and control. :rolleyes:

If we do get some play today and its 25 overs or 30, or something like that, SRL have no chance. THere middle order has no "sloggers" and they're all workers of the ball. Unlike those beefy aussies.
I'd say Sanath opens with Vass! :p

Until not so long ago, they would have started the match today and carried on into a second day to ensure both teams got the full 50 overs. The change is for TV companies, who hate their schedules being mucked up. But this is the biggest match in the game. Everything else has been sold out by the ICC, surely for one match they could put cricket before cash? Rant over.
-Cricinfo

Users who are viewing this thread