WC 2007 Final

5.4 Tait to Sangakkara, 1 run, dropped by Watson. Short one and Sangakkara upper-cuts it over the slips, only for Shane Watson to try to get under it. He lunges forward but can't take the catch cleanly. Did he just drop the World Cup? Surely not you say
:D:D:D
Gotta love Cricinfo! :)

Tait should have had a wicket, not to worry McGrath will come on and going by his track record pick up a wicket in his first over.

Jayasuriya will be out in a minute tho(whatever i say, the opposite usually happens)
Glenn McGrath will pick up 6 wickets, and has everybody forgotten its his last match??

I remember last final when everyone except Hogg was tying India down. As soon as Hogg would come on, it would be a free for all for Indian batsmen. :D

aussie1st said:
Tait should have had a wicket, not to worry McGrath will come on and going by his track record pick up a wicket in his first over.
Guess it didn't happen.

The Lankans could definitely use the batting prowess of Maharoof in this innings!

Australia are bowling very well, putting the squeeze on the batsman. The Lankans better start going after it soon. Runrate's over 8 now.

Thought McGrath would have kept it going in the Final.
SL is going at about the same rate as Australia after 10 overs so this should be interesting next 10 overs.

I know it's hard, but against McGrath you need to come down the wicket and get to the pitch off the ball. Tendulkar was very successful doing it years ago, and Pietersen more recently.

Adarsh said:
I know it's hard, but against McGrath you need to come down the wicket and get to the pitch off the ball. Tendulkar was very successful doing it years ago, and Pietersen more recently.

Until McGrath broke one of his ribs :p

Some one needs to tee off. They are putting a lot of pressure on themselves. They must resort to slogging.

Users who are viewing this thread