West Indies in England 2009

Anderson and Onions should have opened up. I was out, so missed the start of this 2nd session, so missed the wicket, but the swing bowler Anderson, and the Durham opening bowler Onions should have opened. It's good to see Broady bowling with some pace, and even better to see him picking up a wicket with a good ball, but I'd rather have seen Anderson and Onions opening up.

King Pietersen added 4 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

2nd for Broad. Good bowling, good pace, abit of movement, and a poor shot from Sarwan. Broad's superb summer has started, leading wicket taker in the Ashes confirmed. ;)

2nd for Broad. Good bowling, good pace, abit of movement, and a poor shot from Sarwan. Broad's superb summer has started, leading wicket taker in the Ashes confirmed. ;)
LOL... Hardly convincing. Our batsmen are allot better then the West Indies' batsmen and wickets don't come as easily. Just ask Dale Steyn.

Must admit I don't see us winning the Ashes but if we are to have any chance then Swann is going to be key.

I told y'all Swann was awesome. Just the drift plus the turn, and considering Australia can't play spin at the minute, he's going to be our key man. He does look dangerous every ball as well, which I like, there's just a feeling that something could happen every ball. The ball to Chanderpaul was a jaffer.

I would play Monty and Swann both against them.

I told y'all Swann was awesome. Just the drift plus the turn, and considering Australia can't play spin at the minute, he's going to be our key man. He does look dangerous every ball as well, which I like, there's just a feeling that something could happen every ball. The ball to Chanderpaul was a jaffer.
Well spotted. Swann can be troublesome for the Aussies considering the fact that only Ponting in the top order is a genuinely aggressive batsman against spin bowling. And the likes of Swann can be put off only by aggressive batting. Hughes is still iffy against spin, Katich's defensive. Hussey and Clarke are not the best thumpers of spin from the start. Aussies are damn going to miss Hayden's cavalier approach to spin.

Precambrian added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

LOL... Hardly convincing. Our batsmen are allot better then the West Indies' batsmen and wickets don't come as easily. Just ask Dale Steyn.
After the 3-3 test series? Admittedly Steyn had a rare off key series in SA. But he had Aussies by the neck in Australia which saw them winning comfortably.

Two quick ones Swann and Onions. England have fielded and bowled very very well today.

Themer added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

And another mightly impressed by Onions today has showed alot of control throughout with very good pace. West Indies might be batting again tonight if they aren't careful

It seems West Indies aren't effective against the Swann flu.

There goes another great bowling. Onions having a mightily impressive debut.

Three wickets in an over. That's pretty good of Onions.

3 for Onions now. Difference between the sides being the catching, taken all of our chances. Prior even pulled off a very good leg-side catch to get Taylor. Good signs for England, really good performance so far, the new lads in the team are performing! Hundred for Bopara, runs for Swann, wickets for Swann and now wickets for Onions. Bresnan will probably get a go in the 2nd innings.

King Pietersen added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Ramdin gone as well. We've got a talent on our hands here. 4fer for Onions, great bowling on Test debut!

Onions gets another 24-4 very impressive.

I've been impressed by all parts of England today, finally a good day to be an England follower! :p

Almost certainly not. Lords gets flatter and flatter, so we'll need the time to bowl again. We've not bowled many overs, so it'll just be a matter of Gayle and Smith getting their pads on again.

So much for England's 'mediocre' bowling attack then. 3 pace bowlers bowling at 90mph a piece, 4 if you include Flintoff, plus a spinner capable of getting turn, drift and bounce and removing good players. Not so mediocre after all. =]

Baker dropped. Onions denied a 5fer :(

Users who are viewing this thread