West Indies in England 2009

I can understand the point you're making and agree with it to a certain extent, but aren't you a supporter of Bell? He's really not improved dramatically since the summer of 06 when he made a few hundreds against Pakistan.

My point was regarding technique, and Bell's technique has definitely developed since 2006, Cook's seemingly hasn't. Bell's now probably got the most sound technique in England, and is probably the most talented batsman in England, he's just not converting that into runs, due to some sort of mental incapacity to score runs when under pressure. Hopefully that'll come with experience or age though, and Belly'll start scoring some big runs, because he's certainly got some big runs in him, just needs that mental strength.

Ian Bell is going the Mark Ramprakash Graeme Hick way. Will end up with a mediocre test record and a spectacular FC record.

This is so annoying. Sure there's abit of cloud about, but it's 11:25am ffs, they reallly need to bin those light meters, and it should be down to the umpires to decide when the lights bad enough for players to be taken off. Why on earth did England take the light either? They've started nicely and were scoring runs, yet they've now given West Indies time to regroup, ridiculous.

Because they're mongs who seem to have no intention of ever winning anything. I guarantee no other team would have gone off in the same position. Jesus Christ England.

Exactly, we're never going to win the game if they're not on the field ffs. It's at Lords, we need as much time as possible to get 20 wickets, because the pitch will flatten out. If we need 1 or 2 wickets to win a match again, I'll be very annoyed.

Exactly, we're never going to win the game if they're not on the field ffs. It's at Lords, we need as much time as possible to get 20 wickets, because the pitch will flatten out. If we need 1 or 2 wickets to win a match again, I'll be very annoyed.

It would seem Botham has now started robbing your quotes too.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Bopara's playing for his average. ;)

I actually agree. The tit; what possible reasoning is there for going off in this situation? Absolute bellends the lot of them....except Anderson.

Great minds and all that ;)

What a waste of time that was. We could have made another 20 runs or so in that time and have been getting closer to 350. West Indies were bowling rubbish as well, down on pace, not much swing, they should have just milked the runs. Least they're coming back out now though!

King Pietersen added 18 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

The break seemingly hasn't helped West Indies too much. Still bowling absolute rubbish. Either too full, or too wide, or down the leg-side, not been a good performance from them this morning. Swann's hitting it nicely though, got himself to 40, it has been pretty easy for him this morning however, most international players would have cashed in against this bowling. I'd probably say even Chris Martin could have got to double figures this morning, they've certainly not threatened the stumps much!

King Pietersen added 41 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

That sucks. Ravi's gone, driving on the up in the air. Dissappointing end to a very good innings. Hopefully we'll be bowling shortly after lunch!

Gotta give him credit for staying out there though. Did the same when he copped one from Steyn, and now from Edwards. Hopefully Jimmy'll be able to avoid a duck to move his record to 48 innings without a duck!

Good to see Edwards get 5 he's so blatantly deserved more its unbelievable.

Themer added 15 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

From this first over so far it would appear that Broad's added an extra yard of pace, he use to consistantly bowl around 84-6. Every ball this over has been 89. 90.7mph to finish

Themer added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

What on earth are they doing? Swann! Opening, I like outside the box thinking but with two class swing bowlers in the field it seems very odd.

I'm not sure what is crazier, a spinner opening on day 2 of a Lords Test or the possibility that Gayle might actually be better off facing two pacemen with a new ball.

Gayle gone, Broad's bowled with some pace today but didn't really deserve a wicket sprayed it wide a bit too much me thinks.

Still waiting for Onions I feel he could make an impact with conditions as they are.

Users who are viewing this thread