West Indies in England 2009

we should just Fidel in at #3 he seems more capable then the middle order. Also props to him on his 6 wickets.

Almost certainly not. Lords gets flatter and flatter, so we'll need the time to bowl again. We've not bowled many overs, so it'll just be a matter of Gayle and Smith getting their pads on again.

So much for England's 'mediocre' bowling attack then. 3 pace bowlers bowling at 90mph a piece, 4 if you include Flintoff, plus a spinner capable of getting turn, drift and bounce and removing good players. Not so mediocre after all. =]

Baker dropped. Onions denied a 5fer :(
I think the speedguns are way off the mark. Baker was bowling close to 90mph yesterday and they've even clocked Broad at 93mph. If those sort've bowlers are touching those heights then Midge Johnson will falsely break the world record for the fastest ball ever bowled several times throughout the Ashes series. Glad someone's getting carried away though. Remember, you're only facing the West Indies. ;)

This is the first time I've properly praised England in the lead up to the Ashes. All I've done recently is defend the guys you've called crap, you've been the one getting carried away, constantly telling people you'll trounce us. We'll have 4 bowlers bowling at 90mph+ and a capable spinner, and the Ashes are generally won by the best bowling attack. I'm not saying our attack's better, but if our attack outperforms yours, which could very well happen, then we'll have a good chance of winning the series.

Broad's looking really good here as well. Bowling quite a few seriously unplayable deliveries to tail-enders. Getting swing, movement off the pitch and serious bounce as well. Just needs a few wickets now to get that average into the mid to early 30's. In a year he'll be averaging 32-33 in Test cricket I reckon, maybe less if he keeps bowling well.

Broad's looking really good here as well. Bowling quite a few seriously unplayable deliveries to tail-enders.

I think that's bens point. also no way in hell can Broad bowl faster than Edwards so something is up with these guns.

The speed-guns probably are exaggerated a little, but Broad and Flintoff are definitely capable of bowling 90mph+. Anderson's generally 86-88mph with swing being his main weapon, and Onions has been clocked at around this pace every time I've seen him bowl. To Langer in the Championship last week he had a good few deliveries timed at upwards of 88mph, so the speedguns can't be too far off, I'd say 2-3mph at best.

Is it really that cold in England atm. There are people in the crowd with full on winter jackets?

If I had a tenner for every time England made hard work of getting rid of the last wicket in Test matches i'd be richer than Paris Hilton after winning the lottery.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Is it really that cold in England atm. There are people in the crowd with full on winter jackets?

It's sunny in St.Helens man. :cool:

Nah, it's not that bad, I'm wearing shorts and went out in shorts and t-shirt earlier. Probably about 15 degrees, certainly not that cold in Suffolk.

Poms better stay tuned to the Middlesex game. Hughes is currently approaching the 70's and is well on his way to his 3rd successive hundred. His averaging over 68 in first-class cricket aswell now - AMAZING!

If I had a tenner for every time England made hard work of getting rid of the last wicket in Test matches i'd be richer than Paris Hilton after winning the lottery.

If you had a tenner for every time you moaned about England cricket you would be past Paris Hilton and up by Bill Gates ;)

5 for Onions brilliant debut for him. England have been faultess pretty much so far. I hope the enforce the follow-on as this pitch will only get flatter.

If I had a tenner for how many times Tom had an epic humour fail i'd have more money than is actually in circulation.

Anyway, make them follow on.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

5fer for Onions. Really well bowled. Top effort on debut. Nice work from Bresnan on his debut so far as well :p

Aye 0 for 0. Bit unlucky with the wickets but what an excellent economy rate!

West Indies have been bowled out for 152 runs. Bopara on his own almost scored more then that.

Users who are viewing this thread