West Indies in England 2009

unless Nash and Chanders work miracles it could be over tomorrow.

did Strauss forget that he has Bresnan in his team.

Pakistan's team is full of boring cricketers now though. There's no-one in their team that I'd be excited to watch. Shoaib's old and passed it, Asif's now a professional drug smuggler, Inzamam's retired and Afridi doesn't get a game in Test cricket. I'd rather see a team come with players I like to watch, Sri Lanka would be good. Get to see Sangakkara, Mendis, Malinga and Muralitharan. Or India, I'd like to see 1 of those 2 tour.

In that case you just could have followed the Twenty20 match of Pakistan against Australia. In fact, you can still follow it and see how the top order are dealing with the Australian bowling attack.

why is it that sarwan uses a gn predator and so does anderson but the designs on the back of the bat are different.

also, why are chris gayle and graeme swann trying to pass masuri helmets off as ihsan and gn helmets

why is it that sarwan uses a gn predator and so does anderson but the designs on the back of the bat are different.

also, why are chris gayle and graeme swann trying to pass masuri helmets off as ihsan and gn helmets

why does any of that matter.

i dont know, but having looked on the gn website, it seems anderson is using the 'old' predator and sarwan the 'new' one.

on the helmet side, wouldnt masuri feel they are losing out on some money

Masuri don't sponsor players to use their stuff, so if someone contracted to use a certain brand wants to use another brand's helmet they have to pass it off as the brand they're contracted to, for sponsorship reasons.

Wow, fantastic day for England. All the bowlers bowled well, Swann is so quickly establishing himself as an important part of the team, and the best spinner in the country.

Anyone bet against us wrapping it up tomorrow?

That it is. Masuri easily make the best helmets out there, but for players contracted to use another brand that have a helmet in their own range they have to make the Masuri look like the brand they're contracted to use. I'd love a Masuri myself, just don't really need to shell out over ?50 for a helmet.

So whats the weather like today, is it suppose to rain all day. And how good is Swann going, if he keeps this up he could be a real threat to the Aussie's. And with him in the team England bat along way down, when Flintoff comes back he could be at nine.

It's raining in Suffolk atm and rain is forecast according to my phone in London today, so I'm not too optimistic of seeing much play unfortunately.

Swann's been going incredibly nicely. Looked a real threat with the ball in his 2nd spell yesterday. Was getting superb drift, a nice bit of turn (especially the Chanderpaul delivery) and bounce. He's going to be a real threat to Australia considering they've been decimated by Shahid Afridi! Flintoff will bat 7 though, I cannot see Broad or Swann batting ahead of Fred, not a chance of it. We will be batting low though, which is nice, Australia's lower order runs were key to them making a good contest of it in 2005!

Edit: Yep. It's raining at Lords atm.

The games about to get under way, lets see how the Windies go. I'm predicting Smith will score a century.

Simmons gone. Onions at it again. Has bowled really well so far this morning. I'd like to see Bresnan given a bowl soon though.

King Pietersen added 8 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Excellent bowling from Swann once more. That's the big wicket, Chanderpaul gone for 4. He avoided the pair, but hasn't gone on to trouble England. This could be all over today.

King Pietersen added 4 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

This 'medicore' bowling attack is working wonders. We've unearthed a gem in Graeme Onions. He's getting guys out, and bowling jaffers at good pace. He's troubled some very good players in County Cricket this year, and is now doing it at Test level. We may have seen the back of Steve Harmison for good!

Users who are viewing this thread