West Indies in England 2009

There's no way this game will go on after today. I think it'll be done just after Tea.

That Graham Onions guy really seems to know his 'onions' when it comes to fast bowling eh?

I'll get my coat...

Edit: Calypso Callapso! Just gotta love that saying! Nothing personal against the Windies; I just think it's a hilarious saying. :D

If this is how a mediocre attack bowls i'd love to see how a half-decent one goes.

Bresnan's keeping up his economy rate as well. Only conceded 2 runs across 2 innings of bowling. Gotta be a record for a fast bowler on debut........:p

So let's get on to the more pressing matters at hand. What's been the best Onions related pun you've seen this week? Mine has to be this from the Mirror today;

"Onions ran rings around the West Indies on a day he will relish for the rest of his career" :D

Terrific bowler that Onions.

Although that last wicket he got was down to terrible footwork.

He was helped by Smith's poor footwork, but it was still a cracking delivery. Good pace, nipped down the Lords slope and moved in. Smith could have played it better, but it was still a very good delivery.

There's no real reason why Broad should open and Onions come on so late. It's more about what they hope Broad can do than anything he actually does do, which is primarily bowl short and scowl at the fielders when he gets cut or pulled.

He was helped by Smith's poor footwork, but it was still a cracking delivery. Good pace, nipped down the Lords slope and moved in. Smith could have played it better, but it was still a very good delivery.

Hmm I dunno Dan, I'd say it was a wicket of fortune.

Haha. Wickets of Fortune is the future. I tell 'thee.

What a surprise, Bresnan's last ball was timed at................90mph :eek: Our bowling attack is rapido tbh ;) Just waiting for Swann to be timed at 90mph now!

I guess they've seen the shine off the ball now and stand a better chance of hanging around than they did 15 overs ago. The stage is set for England to make some sort of crucial error and allow the Windies to see out the day.

Ramdin and Nash have batted nicely this afternoon. Been a few chances, Onions dropped a Caught and Bowled chance and just had Ramdin edging to slip, but they've generally batted very nicely. Maybe the game won't be over today. Would be amazed and immensely disappointed if we don't win from this position.

Users who are viewing this thread