West Indies in England 2009

Tips on improving the West Indies Team:

Get an opening batsmen to open with Gayle, weather that be Adrian Barath or Keiron Powell.

Get rid of Kieron Pollard, the guy is a hopeless batsmen.

1.Gayle
2.Powell/Barath
3.Sarwan
4.Chanderpaul
5.Bravo
6.Batsmen?
7.Ramdin
8.All-rounder?
9.Taylor
10.Edwards
11.Benn

Why will you want to get stumped with 1 to win off 90 balls.
Anyways well played England.

Pollard has talent. Darren Powell, on the other hand, is hopeless.

Nice to see England pull off a good win, shame I missed most of it. Good to see RV get some more runs, and a cracking all-round performance from Colly. One of our trump OD players, nice to see Morgan get a game as well. Hopefully he'll get abit more of a bat in the next game.

Collingwood's a beast. I bet he's well happy about Sunderland as well. Swanny and Harmison must be gutted though...

Did you see his interview after the match.

"I've just seen myself on the big screen, and it looks like im getting a ginger beard - It's got to go"

Classic Colly

Tips on improving the West Indies Team:

Get an opening batsmen to open with Gayle, weather that be Adrian Barath or Kieran Powell.

Get rid of Kieron Pollard, the guy is a hopeless batsmen.
I think the answer is that they should all be playing. For all their experience, you can scarcely decree that Kieran Powell is a great batsman and that Kieron Pollard is a bad one, but we know the talent is there to create some good players from these raw kids.

With any player they've had success with recently, they haven't wasted any time in bringing them in. Gayle was rushed into the ODI team so fast it wasn't clear if he was a batsman or a bowler. Sarwan was facing Wasim Akram as a teenager with a first class average of 30. Chanderpaul did actually have to feast on Caribbean bowlers for 3 years to get a look in, but he started at 17.

Now that might put a slant on things because they are some of the best talents and they would have stood out sooner or later. However, look at Bravo, Taylor, Edwards or Ramdin. If they weren't given that early opportunity at the top, would they still be coming along so well?

The West Indies have to pick guys based on what they can become, because the development at domestic level is not great; least of all in one dayers. Even a semi-regular player like Rampaul has gotten half his one day experience at international level.

Ghost town hahaha, there isn't anything on here about todays game. Good to see England batting first though, would like to see how well they go setting a target.

Howsie added 27 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

England are going along very nicely at the moment, but the bowling has been below par. To short and wide.

Howsie added 16 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Bopara out for 49, it was a very unlucky way to get out though. I'm wondering how much Prior will get, maybe 10.

Howsie added 24 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

England are going along nicely at the moment, they should be aiming up a massive score.

Oh come on, batsman should have got benefit of doubt there.:mad: You can't give that out. Hundred was there for Strauss, anyway well played. I still think England can reach to 275.

To be fair Vaiby it was actually out, he had no part of his foot behind the line which in the rules of the game is out!

Only a little way off ;) Prior actually looks good in ODi cricket when he bats properly and isn't playing as a 'pinch hitter'.

Yeah, Prior is actually looking good for once in ODI Cricket. England should stop using him as a pinch hitter and start using him as a proper batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread