West Indies in England 2009

I reckon Pietersen's injury could be worse than made out. Hope they don't rush him back for the crappy twenty20's.

Now we are without Pietersen, we could have called up Trott but oh no. They'll let Bell play or Morgan. (Like Morgan so won't give him a hard time but Trott is still better.)

Seriously. In the words of Didier Drogba. It's a tweaking disgrace!!! Trott is miles better than Bell. The selectors are a joke.

It's frustrating to see Irish players get picked for England when they aren't even needed. If Ireland were a Test nation, they wouldn't have the worst team.

I reckon Pietersen could be out of the Ashes ya know. Achilles are nastly little injuries. When I did mine it it set me back the best part of 6 months. Painful too.

You aren't a professional sportsman with a strong team of physios behind you. That said, Cardiff is only 6 weeks off.

Hes had it a while apparently, and hes purely resting it so he can be fit for the T20 WC and The Ashes. I'm sure he'll be fit come Cardiff.

No doubt he will be fit, but it's definitely worth noting that the achilles is a very dodgy place to get injured.

Indeed, it killed Achilles! Hopefully KP didn't get a poisoned arrow in it!

And hopefully his mother remembered not to hold him by it when she conferred invincibility on him by dunking him in the river styx.

Rumours are that Prior's going to bat 3, so I imagine the team we'll go in with will be:

Strauss *
Bopara
Prior +
Shah
Collingwood
Morgan
Mascheranas
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

Not the strongest team you'll see, but hopefully it'll be enough. Will be good to see Morgan get a go, but I feel he could be abit wasted at 6. I'd rather see Morgan at 4 and Shah at 6, but that's not going to happen, unless Flower really rates Morgan highly.

Rumours are that Prior's going to bat 3, so I imagine the team we'll go in with will be:

Strauss *
Bopara
Prior +
Shah
Collingwood
Morgan
Mascheranas
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

Not the strongest team you'll see, but hopefully it'll be enough. Will be good to see Morgan get a go, but I feel he could be abit wasted at 6. I'd rather see Morgan at 4 and Shah at 6, but that's not going to happen, unless Flower really rates Morgan highly.

What happened to Prior not playing ODI cricket, what about Steven Davies.

Davies never played ODi cricket. He made his debut in a T20i, but didn't feature in the ODi team. Prior shouldn't be in the ODi team though, has failed awfully in the ODi form of the game, but keeps getting a go for some reason. Foster should be in the ODi squad. Davies is an opener also, so with Strauss and Bopara being the solid opening partnership I can't see Davies getting a go for a while.

Davies never played ODi cricket. He made his debut in a T20i, but didn't feature in the ODi team. Prior shouldn't be in the ODi team though, has failed awfully in the ODi form of the game, but keeps getting a go for some reason. Foster should be in the ODi squad. Davies is an opener also, so with Strauss and Bopara being the solid opening partnership I can't see Davies getting a go for a while.

My mistake, I just remember Davies getting a game in the West Indies. But yeah Prior is a pretty average ODI batsmen which really doesn't make sense as I thought it would suit his game best. He would be a good enough batsmen to come in at 4-5 wouldn't he.

In terms of talent Prior should definitely be good enough, but he's just not shown it. 1 half century in almost 40 ODi's is simply not good enough. I'd rather see Foster in, who's batting wouldn't actually be far off Prior's in OD cricket, and his keeping is as good as anyone in International cricket. He's in the T20 side, so why's he not in the ODi team?

I must say that with the tension surrounding the Cardiff Test, it would be a little bemusing to not hear of any lambasting of the drainage facilities at Headingley later on. I mean, if there is competition for spots, that should be one of the highest priorities; after all, simply by considering the amount of time lost waiting for a ground to dry, one gets a pretty straightforward measure of the value for money it offers to the ECB and to spectators.

Users who are viewing this thread