West Indies in England 2009

That's how West Indies should do it. Just attack, instead of defending and still losing wickets.

It's 280-7 for West Indies, so this stand should be hold on if they want to avoid the follow-on.

Poor captaincy from Strauss in that session.

I reckon Edwards will get out straight after tea. Last thing he needs after being hit is a long break knowing he's heading back out into another assault, I reckon he'll be bricking it.

England need to get these 2 wickets quickly and get into them tonight to stand a chance of a win.

I'm not a betting man, but I would think an England win remains at longer odds than the draw. The West Indies are capable of getting their act together and even if they don't, the weather may well intervene.

What the hell is Devon Smith still doing in Test Cricket? I really do not think he is good enough to play at this level.

What the hell is Devon Smith still doing in Test Cricket? I really do not think he is good enough to play at this level.
I'm not sure, he looks like quite a good player but then all of a sudden he's out. A bit like a lesser version of Ian Bell.

He seems to play pace bowling incredibly well, just can't seem to score runs against Swann. Very strange. He does look a good player though, it's very bizarre.

Lol. Gayle and Sarwan playing ODI cricket here.

Like Ian Bell, Devon Smith is a player who would look excellent in the nets, as his ability and technique are okay, especially against pace. Alas, it's the actual playing of the game that he struggles with. Even then, his capacity to get 0-49 scores is actually better than Bradman! Of course, such a comparison describes less than half of The Don's innings and 90% of Smith's, but it accurately shows how the measure of a good batsman is not how well he starts, but how much later he finishes.

I'd say Bell and Smith are better than Bradman tbh. Far better techniques, look much prettier......:spy

Onions is a leg-end. 2 massive wickets, the one of Sarwan being especially key, perfect thinking from Onions as well, with everyone expecting the bouncer.

sammy, sammy, where are you, sammy? Are you watching, sammy? Are you watching your team get hammered, sammy?

I'm not even that bothered but this has to be rubbed in.

hammered ? If the players don't care why should I care ?

Going to be back to back innings' defeats if the collapse continues, I'd say that's a hammering. The Wisden Trophy's at stake as well, so they should care.

Users who are viewing this thread