West Indies in England 2009

It's as difficult adapting to very hot conditions as it is adapting to cold conditions. I'd say it's actually far more difficult adapting to playing in 35 degree heat, so thats a very weak attetmpt at an excuse.

Sure, they can complain, for all the good it would do.

I have to say, a rained out English Test match actually makes me envious. The commentators always manage to salvage it by not just running through the whole thing on auto-pilot. Of course they don't spend the whole time talking, having showed human interest pieces and spending much time showing replays of forgotten matches, but they add meaning to the replays with their own accounts and a little humour. Maybe it's a skill developed from having to deal with so much rain, but generally, the willingness to talk about the game in lieu of live cricket is unique to English broadcasts.

They get enough practice.

I hear Duran Duran are performing in Durham tonight :banana2

Since Anderson got out the West Indies have been appalling really bad tbh.

On a plus note Pietersen has looked in decentish form.

He's looked very fluent. Cook should've gone on to a double, didn't look all that comfortable with the push for more runs. We should declared with half an hour to bowl at 'em before Tea. Push hard from now on, 6-7 an over.

Poor shot but it's good to see us try and force runs rather than let the game drift as we have done in the past.

Prior's good at upping the pace as well, so it shouldn't be too big a problem. I don't think we need to bat for longer than 470-500, anymore than that and the game will be a draw. I think we need a decent length of time to bowl West Indies out twice. Hopefully the weather over the next 3 days will be good! Another good thing to mention is England are proving that we can make runs without KP, helping to disprove the theory that we're a 1 man team.

Good signs from the pitch for spinner though there looks like theres a bit of turn and bounce there.

I'm looking forward to us bowling today I us to show that the bowling in the last match wasn't just a flash in the pan. Looking forward especially to see how Broad and Onions go.

A declaration at 600 runs should be enough to let West Indies bat twice.

I am just seeing an add at the left top corner of the cricinfo scorecard of this match:

'Twenty20 Cricket at Lord's from 175 pounds per person (!)'

Somebody goes to this stuff?

Last edited:
A declaration at 600 runs should be enough to let West Indies bat twice.

I am just seeing an add at the left top corner of the cricinfo scorecard of this match:

'Twenty20 Cricket at Lord's from 175 pounds per person (!)'

Somebody goes to this stuff?

I think you should experience an international at Lord's at least once. I've done two county games, both in crap weather, with crap beer on the pumps. Would I pay ?175 for it? Do I get a free night with Charlize Theron? No, then I think not.

Good day for England, Durham has always been a good cricket wicket for the last 2-3 seasons. 3 down 17 to go, half of those will be thrown away by the WI, so I think we can win barring the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread