West Indies in England 2009

Meh, maybe I am being a little harsh on Sidey. It's abit harsh to judge a guy based on performances when injured. I just don't particularly want to see him replace Onions, who has performed excellently. He won't replace Bresnan either, as it'll be Flintoff who comes in for him when fit. I can't really see a way back in, as with team balance as it is, we need Broad, so with Sidey offering very little with the bat and in the field I can't really see him coming back in, unless there's an injury.

I probably wouldn't have him in over Onions hes came in and done well but for this Test Match I wouldn't have Bresnan in he just isn't good enough at this level when Sidebottom is and I think that we have enough batting to have him in currently. Come the Ashes I'd have Flintoff straight in over him as his bowling is just plain better plus offers a bit with the bat.

@ Howsie - Probably not. There's Rob Key and a couple of younger options but those guys aren't really up there with Cook, who, when on form, can make hundreds and big ones at that. He's got absolute natural talent. All I hope is he repays my nice words today :D :p

Themer!!! Messing my post up lol! Gunna have to make it look reasonable now.

Is there a better opener in England then Cook?

Cook's decent enough imo I'd probably say that Horton and Trescothick are better than him though but Trescothick has retired from International Cricket.

Is there a better opener in England then Cook?

Clearly not. Cook's good enough though I think. He's not really progressed, and he's in a patch of bad form, but due to his mental toughness he's been able to battle through and still make scores, which is exactly what we need. He's looking in good touch today, his feet are moving well and the timing of his movements are all coming together. I'd stick with him.

Clearly not. Cook's good enough though I think. He's not really progressed, and he's in a patch of bad form, but due to his mental toughness he's been able to battle through and still make scores, which is exactly what we need. He's looking in good touch today, his feet are moving well and the timing of his movements are all coming together. I'd stick with him.

"Well," is a word I'd describe them as. Better than Lords, but overall, still needs work. He's still afraid to get that front foot outside of the crease. They showed footage earlier from Lords, both his feet where inside the crease, now that's just not on!

I think Cook's fine it's just Strauss and him are pretty slow scorers. But I guess with Bopara at three and Pietersen at four that isn't a problem.

Meh, maybe I am being a little harsh on Sidey. It's abit harsh to judge a guy based on performances when injured. I just don't particularly want to see him replace Onions, who has performed excellently. He won't replace Bresnan either, as it'll be Flintoff who comes in for him when fit. I can't really see a way back in, as with team balance as it is, we need Broad, so with Sidey offering very little with the bat and in the field I can't really see him coming back in, unless there's an injury.

Dominating New Zealand for 6 months is much, much more impressive than 7 wickets against a side who clearly aren't bothered in early May.

Plus Sidey's pretty handy with the bat.

I don't understand why Bravo is playing for Mumbai and he can't play for West Indies.

ZexyZahid added 38 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Bopara made short work of the nervous nineties. Another century for him.

3rd Hundred in a row for Bopara. Showing Ian Bell and Michael Vaughan how to cash in at number 3. Joins Sutcliffe, Compton, Boycott and Gooch in scoring 3 consecutive Test hundreds for England. Awesome. RV KING OF TEST CRICKET

I don't understand why Bravo is playing for Mumbai and he can't play for West Indies.

ZexyZahid added 38 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Bopara made short work of the nervous nineties. Another century for him.

Join the Club.

All the Cook haters can suck my Cook.

:banana2

Probably be a draw though, not much in the wicket and dodgy weather.

It's awful to see such a bland pitch given the past couple of months. It all just seems spiteful now.

The West Indies have looked horrible.

Undisciplined with very little flair. Hell, they don't even look enthused. They need a kick up the backside.

Users who are viewing this thread