West Indies in England 2009

I dunno, cause Graham Napier was timed at 93mph last season, yet he was timed in the early 140's in the IPL on a different companies speedo. I was also reading an article Manee posted regarding Stuart Meaker, which said that Meaker was timed at 92mph, and it was said that the same delivery on TV would have been timed at about 96mph. The Sky speedo's are a long way away from the action as well, meaning that the higher the speed, the lower the accuracy. I'm sure Baker's bowling pretty quick, probably about 85mph, a few of his deliveries have looked quick, but I'm not convinced he's an 89-90mph bowler.

Bumble: "Bob Dylan has just replaced Lady Gagging for the top spot"

Man this guy can make me laugh over anything. And when Baker was in New Zealand he was around the 140-145 bracket.

I think your right Dan. Boycott just pointed out that they had Baker at 87mph and said Holding must have been 110mph then :p

Tom, I'm always right. You should know that by now ;) Me and Boycs are on a common wavelength now, we're basically best buddies, he's following me on Twitter :cool:

Good first session that, really enjoying seeing some proper Test cricket after being used to "DLF Maximums" and "Citi moments of Success" in the past few weeks. Really liking the proper format of the game. Shame that Straussy got out, but good to see Rav and Cook getting some runs, hopefully one of them'll go on and make a big score.

Why didn't the West Indies bat first, or better yet what did both captains see in the pitch to make both of them to want to bowl first. Edwards and Taylor didn't bowl very well with the new ball, Baker was pretty good though.
Good to see Bopara making a start, hopefully he carries on and makes a good score.

I think if the Windies had bowled better they could have picked up a couple of wickets. The ball is swinging if you get the length right, and there is a little movement off the pitch, plus some decent bounce. We've not seen any yorkers, and only 1 bouncer which was hit for four. Also abit of turn for Benn as well, just not been particularly good bowling, I expect England to bowl better.

Opening up with Nash after the lunch break, why not bring back Taylor or Edwards.

Edwards gets Cook.

To be honest I could see that coming, Cook didn't look to good out there today.

Cook'll be out just after lunch for between 45 and 60.

LOL. Told ya, just got the runs abit off. Cook out for 35, KP better get a few. I'd bring Benn on if I was Chris Gayle!

King Pietersen added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Ooof, that is a jaffer. You couldn't get a better delivery first up. Swung away late, perfect ball to Pietersen. England's lack of batting depth could start to show here!

What a ball, brilliant and a stunning catch aswell. Kp had no chance with that really.

Pietersen gone for a golden duck, what a ball.

KP starts his summer well.

2 quality wickets from Edwards, Cook was always going to get out though. He was something like 20 off 30 and then it gets to 35 off 90 something. Pressure really built on him.

Time for Colly to save the day.

People say Edwards is a rubbish bowler as well, he's proven in the last few months that he's capable of bowling some pearlers, he's also maintained his consistency as well. Been very impressed with him. Pace, swing, good bouncer and he gets good players out, if West Indies find a 3rd seamer capable of getting a few wickets they'll be in business, especially with Bravo to come back as well.

That ball to Pietersen does get better and better everytime you see it, cracking delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread