West Indies in England 2009

Woakes got the NBC Denis Compton Award last year which is definitely quite promising. I'm just elated that he got out all of West Indies top six, including Sarwan and Chanderpaul, in the first innings. Heck, he managed to get Sarwan in the second innings too! Seems like a great prospect.

Is that his top pace Manee or his average? If he can bowl it both ways all he would need is an extra yard of pace and he could be a real handful on the international stage, not that I've seen him bowl.

80mph is what I hear from people, so I can't elaborate. I recall seeing him bowl a little while back on SkySports but don't recall the speeds. Saw him get prodigious swing in some SkySports News highlights though.

West Indies beaten in their Warm-Up game by the England A side. Out batted and outbowled, hell they let Ambrose score a hundred ffs. The Windies team won't change much either, with only Gayle and Edwards left to come back. Talking of Gayle coming back, he won't arrive in England until the evening before the First Test, hardly a good example to set as Captain tbh. He should be there with the Windies side right now. Pietersen and Bopara came back a couple of days ago =/

Can't see there being any other result but an England win in this series. If we lose, then get the A team playing the Ashes!

England should really give Woakes ago in this test series. I haven't seen him play or anything but if he is doing this well as a 20 year old he must have some serious talent. And it looks as though he can bat aswell, having notched up two half centries.

Why on earth is Dwayne Bravo not in the Test squad for this tour? Easily one of their best players.

England should really give Woakes ago in this test series. I haven't seen him play or anything but if he is doing this well as a 20 year old he must have some serious talent. And it looks as though he can bat aswell, having notched up two half centries.

He is just 20 year old and few game, England should give him time development in two years then he will star man. He is right mediam pacer, not fast bowler. He can bat.

bad performance for the most part. Jerome Taylor picked up 3 wickets in his 1st match in almost a month so that is a good sign. Shiv batted well as usual and Simmons made a good 50 in his 2nd innings.
Once we get Fidel and Gayle back it should be better. Not pleased that Gayle gets to come back a day before the 1st test starts.

Hes unfit for 5 days cricket according to WI selectors.

Strange decision to leave him out. He's not going to get fit for 5-day Test matches by playing lots and lots of ODI's and Twenty20 games. There's only so far his fitness will improve with that. At some point they'll have to put him back in to the Test squad.

England look very flimsy to me with Broad at 7.

If England's long tail is not exposed, then it will probably mean the pitch is too flat for their quartet of bog standard seamers to take 20 wickets.

If Edwards, Taylor and Baker are good enough to get 20 wickets against Strauss, Cook, Bopara, Pietersen, Collingwood, Prior, Broad, Bresnan and Swann, then it's pretty certain that England will be able to do the same. Anderson, Broad, Onions, Swann and Bresnan is a more than good enough bowling attack to get 20 wickets against West Indies. Especially when you remember that Woakes, Mahmood, Plunkett, Trott, Rashid and Wright bowled them out for 203 and 179 in a Tour match a week or so ago.

Great way to start the summer that; using Kasabian's new tune Underdog. :D

Come on England! Don't make my truancy in vein.

Do we really need an hours build up to a Test match? Why not start at half 10? =/

Least it's not raining though, hopefully get a good day of Test cricket today, no more of this DLF Maximum lark!

Yeah it pisses me off too. There's only so much Mike Atherton a man can handle.

evertonfan added 6 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Hmmm, the dreadful Onions related puns have begun already.

Will be a very interesting series, England sans Flintoff have their last chance to prove themselves at test level before The Ashes. Let's hope they can find some form and we can have another cracker series next month!

Users who are viewing this thread