West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

The Windies suck really bad. Take a look at their line up.. Only Gale (although his not playing) and Chanderpaul are the players that are threatening somewhat. All the others are total muppets.

lol good to see that you have finally decided to follow cricket.
everyone knows that Chanderpual and Gayle are the only good established batsman.

lol good to see that you have finally decided to follow cricket.
everyone knows that Chanderpual and Gayle are the only good established batsman.

What are you on about?

Samuels is a superb player to watch, just brilliantl languid. Thankfully he seems to be going the right way about things now, hence the improved scores. I still think he needs to work more on strike rotation as often his innings lack any real flow and he gets bogged down quite often.

Bravo starting to show his class.

Samuels & Bravo are definately the best 2 younger batsman in the West Indies lineup behind Chanderpaul.

Sarwan would be the best young batsman in the side if they had selected him and Chris Gayle is none too old either. His performances in this series have been amazing.

One who I think is underrated is Ramdin. Like Samuels he tends to play probably too far within what he is capable of. Once he gets going, he is a superb and fluid strokemaker, one who should probably work out of the Lara textbook rather than the Chanderpaul, although Chanderpaul himself has more shots than he lets on. Sammy too, is a bright young player and at times you think he just needs a chance to bat comfortably, rather than trying to save something.

Plus, as I said earlier, they've got interesting players on the fringe that should add to the equation soon. The big problem they're left with is a lack of decent top order players, hence the persistence with Ganga.

Sarwan would be the best young batsman in the side if they had selected him and Chris Gayle is none too old either. His performances in this series have been amazing.

I thaught he was injured. Well then it proves WI selectors are also fools otherwise who would leave Sarwan out of side and have players like Morton and Ganag in side. They could also have seleted W.Hinds as he is more handy cricketer than Ganag on any day.

Sarwan was injured for the Zimbabwe matches, but could have played against South Africa. Gayle pleaded for them to call him up when he succumbed to injury.

Hah, what an image just on. If the WICB are wondering where to get some extra revenue, they could release a calendar of the boys.

Last edited:
Hundred for Samuels. :D

WI might escape with a draw if Shiv plays his usual match saving innings for them.

I did not see any part of the match except the last wicket falling to Steyn. But can anyone tell me why in the world Prince was named MOM for this game.

Dunno. But what is going on with Steyn ?!! Is he on form or what ! Brilliant bowler to watch. Reminds me of when Bond burst into the scene. The two are very very similar. Shame that Bond's faded away. I hope Steyn keeps his pace up for at least 5 more years - and keeps fit.

Steyn hasnt got an action that put so much pressure onto his back as Bond has, he also doesn't have a history of back problems. So I see no reason why he can't.

And Sicon - Prince scred 120 odd not out in the South Africa Innings.

Steyn hasnt got an action that put so much pressure onto his back as Bond has, he also doesn't have a history of back problems. So I see no reason why he can't.

And Sicon - Prince scred 120 odd not out in the South Africa Innings.

Steyn will definately fill the void left by Donald but who is going to fill the void left by Polly. He was awesome with bowling, batting, fielding and catching.

Prince did score 123 but Smith also scored 147 and AB DeVilliers also scored a century.

Dunno. But what is going on with Steyn ?!! Is he on form or what ! Brilliant bowler to watch. Reminds me of when Bond burst into the scene. The two are very very similar. Shame that Bond's faded away. I hope Steyn keeps his pace up for at least 5 more years - and keeps fit.

Steyn is a massive talent. His outswing and 145kph pace make him a potent threat, especially since he can comfortably keep up the swing from a middle stump line, which forces the batsmen to play at outswingers.

As far as his action goes, it looks relatively easy on his body. There is no massively uncomfortable explosion as he keeps the momentum going and he has everything going in a straight line.

With a Test strike rate of 37.0 and nearing 100 Test wickets, it is an issue of it being too good to be true.

other than the 1st test everything turned out as most expected it, South Africa came back really well after they lost the 1st test. Didnt help at all that half the West Indies team was injured when it counted the most, Gayle, Bravo, Edwards and in the end Chanderpual all came down with injuries which made their already small chances even smaller. Openers still remain a problem, without Gayle they look like the Pakistan team they just dont have anyone who can put up a parnership.

But alot of positives to look forward for this West Indies team, the play of Samuels, Bravo, Taylor who all batted or bowled better than expected. Sammy promises to be a good all-rounder in years to come.

They also missed Sarwan whos scores in 3 inings in the Careeb Beer Cup are 63, 105, 55 and he will be a big adition to the team when they play their next series unless he gets injured again.
Also Jamaica have this fast bowler Odean Brown he has 14 wickets in 3 inings he has a FC average of 22 and strike rate of 43, he is only 25 and they might think of calling him up in the future.

I hope the ODI series comes out to be a good one but Gayle might not be fit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread