West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Rampaul's first over was quite telling. He scarcely bowled a bad line, all outside off and only a little short, but De Villiers just repeatedly clubbed him over midwicket. He might be just a bit too slow and probably if he got more away movement, he could have gotten De Villiers out.

Is Pedro Collins still in the squad? He could compliment Taylor well with the new ball, especially bowling to Smith. Edwards then makes sense as first change, as he's not easy to just heave away if he gets them in the right areas.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Rampaul's first over was quite telling. He scarcely bowled a bad line, all outside off and only a little short, but De Villiers just repeatedly clubbed him over midwicket. He might be just a bit too slow and probably if he got more away movement, he could have gotten De Villiers out.

Is Pedro Collins still in the squad? He could compliment Taylor well with the new ball, especially bowling to Smith. Edwards then makes sense as first change, as he's not easy to just heave away if he gets them in the right areas.

na they sent Collins back home and his 1st game back he got 4 wickets in the 1st innings. Powell sould be palying ahead of Rampaul, and i think once they get back home he will lose his spot to soem of the guys that are performing in the Careeb Beer Sereis.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
West Indies Best Strike Bowlers are D Powell, J Taylor, C Collymore, P Collins.
If these 4 stand in 1 game together, W.I would have a good bowling side, But W.I lacks in Batting all the time.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
yea bowled really well, still one of the best in the world.

i agree with the guy on cricinfo Sammy is batting too low, he should be hughed up than #8. better than Ramdin.

Sammy reminds me of Vespert Drakes. That guy had decent run in ODIs. I think Sammy can only improve from here.

Rampaul is a disaster. Collymore would have been deadly on seam friendly SA pitches. They need to get there batting in place cos Moron and Chatagunno had things under control till Morton got out.

The only thing good for Wi in second ODI was the last over of SA batting innings where the hosts lost 3 wickets and some comical running was witnessed.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sewnarine Chattergoon looks like he could do a better job in the Test arena.
He is a very technically correct batsman.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
West Indies MUST win the last 3 to win the series which would be Impossible for West Indies.

West Indies really have to rethink and quick

irottev

School Cricketer
Pathetic run-rate. I stopped watching because it was that boring. Maybe towards the end or when Samuels gets in.

International Coach
the windies batting order in this match has to be one of the most talent less batting line ups,the future looks bleak for the windies even though they have a pretty decent bowling attack.

irottev

School Cricketer
cricinfo said:
Steyn to Samuels, no run, well well, it's all happened here. Samuels has backed away and given himself some room to go through the off side, Steyn and Boucher are convinced he's nicked it but Harper isn't sure straight away. Then he goes to third umpire, which I'm sure he can't do, who then gives it not out although replays show he got an edge...anyway the umpire can't ask about an edge, only whether it carried, which it clearly did and it wasn't squeezed out of the pitch either...controversial moment

When will the ICC do something about the incompetent panel of umpires? They don't even know how to follow proper procedure.

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
Yeah poor run rate from Windies really boring so far , but hopefully South Africa walk over the West Indies.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Samuels gets his once in 10 inings big score. thats how it goes with him lol. 252 not a bad score lets hope West Indies can win this one.

Ramdin has to be worried about his spot in the side with Patrick Browne making a solid 35 in his 1st match. and someone else

Sewnarine Chattergoon looks like he could do a better job in the Test arena.
He is a very technically correct batsman.

yea i have to agree he might just bump Ganga out of the test squad, he looks really solid.

karnog

International Cricketer
Samuels gets his once in 10 inings big score. thats how it goes with him lol. 252 not a bad score lets hope West Indies can win this one.

Ramdin has to be worried about his spot in the side with Patrick Browne making a solid 35 in his 1st match. and someone else

yea i have to agree he might just bump Ganga out of the test squad, he looks really solid.

But ganga seems to have friends in powerful positions...

Users who are viewing this thread