West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

Excellent start, although if Ganga is scoring that quickly, South Africa must be drunk.

I'm watching the game in TV. South Africa are not bowling badly, Gayle is just bossing them on a flattish pitch with strong shots playing through the line.

The West Indies have started really well. Gayle and Ganga put on 98. England had little trouble in getting these two out in the summer, I thought they would be dead meat against the South African attack.

I'm watching the game in TV. South Africa are not bowling badly, Gayle is just bossing them on a flattish pitch with strong shots playing through the line.
I had a look at it in the latter stages and while Gayle had obviously brought his boomstick out, there was a lot of too-full/too-short/too-wide going on, plus, probably not the right fields. Smith obviously expected about ten times more from the wicket than he got.

I personally belive that Smith has started losing it.Maybe he needs to take a break and give Ashwell Prince a chance.

As far as the WI innings-get Gayle and you are through unless C'Paul decides to stick in.

Nice to see West Indies not bundled out on Day 1--thus far. Chanderpaul is in now, too, so let's see how him and Samuels go.

I personally belive that Smith has started losing it.Maybe he needs to take a break and give Ashwell Prince a chance.

As far as the WI innings-get Gayle and you are through unless C'Paul decides to stick in.

SA bowling sucks .. plain and simple.

SA have been hit by Gayle storm today. I think absense of POllock will be felt now by Greame Smith. If Polly was around Gayle would have been turned to mild wind.

SA have been hit by Gayle storm today. I think absense of POllock will be felt now by Greame Smith. If Polly was around Gayle would have been turned to mild wind.

It was a poor move not to pick Pollock on what is not a fast pitch. Dale Steyn has proved ineffective on the pitch and needs to mature into a line and length when he realises that the pitch is not aiding the bowler's too much rather than trying to bang the ball into the track and extract non existant bounce.

SA bowling sucks.

Gayle made 317 runs when pollock was in his prime. Get real for a second

BTW, india has the worst bowlers... just an extra fact.

Last edited:
SA bowling sucks.

Gayle made 317 runs when pollock was in his prime. Get real for a second

You need to get real. South Africa's bowling does not suck, Makhaya Ntini is a proven accurate fast bowler, Dale Steyn has had a great year and they have a decent support bowler in Kallis.

It was a poor move not to pick Pollock on what is not a fast pitch. Dale Steyn has proved ineffective on the pitch and needs to mature into a line and length when he realises that the pitch is not aiding the bowler's too much rather than trying to bang the ball into the track and extract non existant bounce.

Were we watching the same game? Yes Pollock should definately have been pikced but Steyn looked like the best SA bowler causing the most problems cut the West Indian bastmen in half alot of the time, I have to say i havent watched alot of it but the bits i saw Steyn looked good

Were we watching the same game? Yes Pollock should definately have been pikced but Steyn looked like the best SA bowler causing the most problems cut the West Indian bastmen in half alot of the time, I have to say i havent watched alot of it but the bits i saw Steyn looked good

He has been wayward and below pace for most of the time, he will always produce the odd threatening delivery though and today was no different in that respect.

He has been wayward and below pace for most of the time, he will always produce the odd threatening delivery though and today was no different in that respect.

Fair enough. The West Indies look like they are really applying themselves today. Hopefully Samuels can go on and get a hundred

Who is the West Indian Commentator?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread