West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

Cricket returns to Port Elizabeth.
Been a long time since we last had a match here.

Btw,what happened to the grounds of East London and Bloemfontein ?

Bloem only gets used for the odd ODI now and then if its a really long series, that last game I think was the 7 match series when Andrew Hall crumbled in the last over. East London won't get used I don't think not enough attraction to test matches, similarly with Bloem.

SA bowling sucks.

Gayle made 317 runs when pollock was in his prime. Get real for a second

BTW, india has the worst bowlers... just an extra fact.

Odd, Dale Steyn took 20 wickets against NZ at an average of less than 10? Funny even outside of South Africa people won't say that that sucks. Ntini is short of form, and that aside him and Steyn had a lot edges go flying for fours in the early overs. I do admit that they both look a little out of sorts today, but you don't get to where South Africa is in the test rankings with bad bowlers.

South Africa have an excellent attack. Steyn was unlucky today, and Ntini has been out of sorts. Otherwise, it has got good balance and is one of the better attack in international cricket.

That being said....'MON DA WINDIES!!!

Dale Steyn can only get wickets with the new ball.

If west indies continue to bat like this, SA will lose this series.

poor bowlers..

taylor, powell and edwards won't make it easy for them also.

wow 281/4 at the end of 1st day with Bravo and Chanders at the crease and Ramdin and Sammy still to come and both can score some runs. was expecting it to be somthing like the tour of england.

Glad to see that they didnt pick Rawl Lewis in the squad.

What's wrong with Steyn? He can't be bowling as well as he was. ust be a better pitch then what we had to bat on also :/

The wickets is much harder, a lot less green than the ones were in the NZ series. It's obvious that though, leading more into the summer in SA so the pitches get harder and truer. The West Indies also aren't as undercooked as your guys were, they've been playing cricket for the last month or two.

Great day for the Windies, got to capitalise tomorrow though. Hopefully their bowling will fire and not be as inconsistant as it normally is.

Good for me that they have picked Darren Sammy who will help them in the field as well as bowl. There fielding has to be better than it was when they played against us in the summer when they were unbelievably poor in that department. Edwards is a good bowler and can really send them down but whether he is consistant enough to get it in the right area is another.

poor bowlers..

yea key word if. yesterdays batting performance suprised me alot especially Samuels who hasnt been doing to good but he really did great, to bad he couldnt get his hundred.

Really really frustrating so far...

Steyn my main man.. whats going on china?

SA bowling sucks.

get your facts right,nobody is at a lower ebb than the windies.

I only watched Gayle's innnings before hitting the bed. What the hell is wrong with SA's line. They're totally off. I watched the NZ tour and the line and length was just perfect "corridor of uncertainty". I don't think WI can repeat this performance in the 2nd innings and no way does SA bowling suck. Looking at the scorecard nothing much changed. Paul Addams seemingly bowled well or was it a fluke? I hope SA find a quality spinner.

EDIT: Not paul Adams but Harris. My bad.

SA bowling sucks .. plain and simple.

SA bowling sucks.

Oh really !

Play at Durban and lets see which team's bowlers suck.

As far as India is concerned,if they were the worst,they really wouldnt have allowed Aus to score only 343.

poor bowlers..

Are you forgetting the home advantage that SA has ?

I only watched Gayle's innnings before hitting the bed. What the hell is wrong with SA's line. They're totally off. I watched the NZ tour and the line and length was just perfect "corridor of uncertainty". I don't think WI can repeat this performance in the 2nd innings and no way does SA bowling suck. Looking at the scorecard nothing much changed. Paul Addams seemingly bowled well or was it a fluke? I hope SA find a quality spinner.

EDIT: Not paul Adams but Harris. My bad.

To be very fair,West Indies is the team against which SA have struggled quite often.

Secondly,the African bowlers were ripped apart by Gayle.So,if Gayle does not fire in the second innings,SA have a good chance.

And they need to pick Pollock.

Last edited:
The West Indies are 357-6 at lunch. They have done well to steady the ship after they lost two wickets early on. If they can carry on and get 400 or more it will be a very competitive total.

Users who are viewing this thread