International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Brilliant by Bishoo! He should've bowled like this in the 1st Innings. Half of the Pakistan wickets was due to playing big shots and half was to the large turn that Bishoo was getting.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Poor batting show by Pakistan and what more a sign of notice is the frustration and panic of Misbah-ul-Haq since Westindies first innings fairly good show relative to what we might be expecting and at the moment he is clearly frustrated and worried. Time to test the captaincy skills.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Bravo and Samuels is the key here. If they put on at least a 100+ or even 150, that would be awesome. If West Indies win, that would be like one of the greatest matches ever played. Though, those are just day dreams. They did some great work in the first innings there.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Wow what a match this has been. 15 overs remaining 1 wicket left 65 runs. I think its pretty safe to say Pakistan have won this but West Indies have won the moral according to me. After performing so poorly in the limited overs and after just have lost 3 match series against India plus after the Ali knock who would have thought this match would come so close?

Wish Samules has contributed more in second innings and we could have seen a different result.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Holder seems like a better temperamental batsman then a proper batsman West Indies have[DOUBLEPOST=1476729702][/DOUBLEPOST]76 more deliveries for a draw :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
And its all over. Who would have thought this match would go so close?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I know its only one match, but this is the reason why we don't want four day matches. This has been a fabulous match. If this was a four day match, it would've been a draw even when Pak was in a winning position. I feel that theBravo wicket was the turning point. It wasn't his fault, but the middle order didn't really do much besides Bravo.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yasir's catch <3
Hopefully we'll go back to our dominant ways in the next two matches. I hope Abu Dhabi won't be as flat as last year.
I'd bring Zulfiqar in for Sohail, who was pretty useless and ineffective.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
The catch Yasir took showed his passion and commitment towards his game. In the end, Pakistan won. Great Performance. I have reservations over some captaincy decisions though. Hopefully Pakistan wont repeat these same mistakes of falling down in batting suddenly. This has been history and we should remember that Australia tour is near.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
It's funny because a fact they brought the pink ball was to attract people to Test cricket, though not many people showed up. In the last few days people did come out, but I'd feel it would more sense to use the pink ball in a test in India. A lot of people come anyway, so BCCI could compare the amount of people with red ball and pink ball. I still feel that it's nessacery that Test cricket should be played with the red ball, as that is and always be the traditional colour of the cricket ball.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's funny because a fact they brought the pink ball was to attract people to Test cricket, though not many people showed up. In the last few days people did come out, but I'd feel it would more sense to use the pink ball in a test in India. A lot of people come anyway, so BCCI could compare the amount of people with red ball and pink ball. I still feel that it's nessacery that Test cricket should be played with the red ball, as that is and always be the traditional colour of the cricket ball.
How can you expect people to show up to watch a Test for five days in the UAE on working days in a stadium isolated from the whole city and without any public transport connection?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
How can you expect people to show up to watch a Test for five days in the UAE on working days in a stadium isolated from the whole city and without any public transport connection?
People still came in quite large numbers on weekdays for the red ball. The ICC was looking for folks who come home, then in the night go to see the Test match at night. I highly doubt it would not take so long to go to the stadium, since UAE is such a small country. Also, do you really think people want to go for all five days? No. For one day, only 68 people were there at the stadium. The ICC wants to see a lot more than that. Pink ball should be used in Australia and New Zealand as there isn't so many people who go to see a Test match.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
People still came in quite large numbers on weekdays for the red ball. The ICC was looking for folks who come home, then in the night go to see the Test match at night. I highly doubt it would not take so long to go to the stadium, since UAE is such a small country. Also, do you really think people want to go for all five days? No. For one day, only 68 people were there at the stadium. The ICC wants to see a lot more than that. Pink ball should be used in Australia and New Zealand as there isn't so many people who go to see a Test match.
You clearly don't know much about the location of the Dubai stadium. You can't reach it without a car, and most of the expats there can't afford one. They can't stay in the stadium the whole day for Tests or ODIs. T20s are much easier to attend for them because they don't last long.
Pink ball Tests can be a success in the subcontinent, but not in the UAE. I think this was organised mainly to get used to it before playing in Australia

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Pink ball Tests can be a success in the subcontinent, but not in the UAE.
That's exactly what I said. No one in the right mind is going to stay for the whole day, of course since they have work. Only someone who is extremely obsessed about cricket is going to stay for the whole day. Not the workers who just want to watch a final session or a small part of it.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
You clearly don't know much about the location of the Dubai stadium. You can't reach it without a car, and most of the expats there can't afford one. They can't stay in the stadium the whole day for Tests or ODIs. T20s are much easier to attend for them because they don't last long.
Pink ball Tests can be a success in the subcontinent, but not in the UAE. I think this was organised mainly to get used to it before playing in Australia

Wrong, the match was played at Dubai International Stadium not at Sharjah Cricket Stadium. The stadium was 30 minutes from key downtown location, 30 minutes away from most middle class family living location "Deira" Palm Jumerah & Burj Khalifa is also there. Also I have not seen people in Dubai not affording a 30 minutes journey. Leave Dubai, no where in the world would people not be able to afford 30 minutes of drive or 1 hour of public transport. Its plain and simple, I havent seen crowds in Tests in UAE at all be it be D/N or just regular old fashioned test. T20 & ODI yes I have seen some fantastic crowds.

Users who are viewing this thread