Your Cricket What Pace can you Face

I can face anything near 40 ks. Above that my eyes close. This means I cant face anyone above 6 years.

I can face anything near 40 ks. Above that my eyes close. This means I cant face anyone above 6 years.

You can't even face Irfan Pathan's effort ball? :eek::p

Lol, SidBhai, You must be like me. No.11 :cool:

You can't even face Irfan Pathan's effort ball? :eek::p

Lol, SidBhai, You must be like me. No.11 :cool:

I remember good old N:11, it was awesome, although then I found 9th was even better because if you went out the game didn't end. Then moved up a bit more, and N:6 - 7 is honestly the best spot ever, all the spinners come on, if its later, the openers are back on :upray. Although I found the most fun spot at 9th, because you could have a slog all the time.

I dunno, top pace i've probably faced is hitting 92mph...but thats rumoured round the league. This guy is certainly the quickest i've faced but not sure just how quick he is. He castled our wicketkeeper, before his bat came down to defend. He was just stood there with the forward defensive on examination with his leg stump taking a walk to the pavilion before him.

Speaking of the best spot in cricket, has to be No.3. Generally our openers last 10-15 overs together, but only got at a run ever 2-balls. So when I come on, we've either got the opening bowlers tiring, or the 2/3rd change coming on. Perfect time as the change of bowlers bring some looseners!

faced 75mph on bowling machine, could hit that pretty easy after a few mins anything over 75 on a bowling machine feels alot quicker though, i think 75 on most bowling machines are about 80 really, because it adds on about 5mph ive been told by a few coaches

I remember good old N:11, it was awesome, although then I found 9th was even better because if you went out the game didn't end. Then moved up a bit more, and N:6 - 7 is honestly the best spot ever, all the spinners come on, if its later, the openers are back on :upray. Although I found the most fun spot at 9th, because you could have a slog all the time.

Tailenders army here lol :p

I'm not a tail-ender, I'm an allrounder, and I think I could face near 100km. However I hate genuine pace, I can play it, just not with the best confidence.

I'm not a tail-ender, I'm an allrounder, and I think I could face near 100km. However I hate genuine pace, I can play it, just not with the best confidence.

Being a 1st XI Cricketer, you should be able to face 130 :p

faced 75mph on bowling machine, could hit that pretty easy after a few mins anything over 75 on a bowling machine feels alot quicker though, i think 75 on most bowling machines are about 80 really, because it adds on about 5mph ive been told by a few coaches
So I was facing 85 mph?!

Nah, I honestly doubt how true that is. There's no way that I faced 85 mph bowling and lived to tell the tale :p

Prehaps you might be right - there might be a 1-2 mph increase, but definitely not 5...

Number XI rocks. You get a nap till it is your turn to bat. And if you are needed to bat, chances you don't have a chance in hell anyways and you can do what you like :cool:

For me, it is XI, or opening, cause when Opening you can take your time and get settled in, and who knows, you might actually score runs once you are used to the bowling!

Facing 140+ is not odd, not easy, and not hard either.

It's fast (ball), but you can experience it, but it doesn't blind you with the speed either, it just moves fast, but the real thing is facing swing with the speed and hitting it correctly!.. And all it takes is positioning first, try keeping your bat like a shield in front of you, when the ball comes, just go through the correct line of it, and just defend it, don't bother hitting it though, with this, you'll have a good "foot work" ability or feet movement, and after this thing is accomplished, the next big thing, not really, but the harder thing is to play the shots correctly, choose the correct shots, and playing them with the perfect flow is the thing, and it really does help the batting technique. Practicing the defending thing as mentioned earlier by time to time improves your ability to see of the ball easily..

TBH, It's really nice facing those little shorter balls, not of the bouncer length, just the length of that "short and wide!" one's, and it's really a pleasure (?) to time the ball or face the fastness of the ball at the length and to the off side basically, leg-side is as easy as off-side, but there's a fear of hitting your head when you attempt a pull or a hook off a heavy bat :p

Nah, not basically, the hell comes in the facing of out-swinging deliveries put at a short line, on the leg-side to the right-handed batsman.. HELL!!!! If you are facing it without any experience in playing balls like that.... Well, The first thing that confuses you is the pace, basically what we're talking about, secondly, the line and the length, and the third thing?.., Swing;

You can actually leave the ball or duck to the off-side when a ball is bowled to the leg-side, but when it swings back, really, the first thing that strikes you're mind, "What am i gonna do?" ;) :p , its' a bloody thing, to face deliveries like that, you have to master short pitch deliveries' strokes and that'll help you..

Pace isn't a difficult thing, to an extent, but when combined with other weapons, it's dangerous and many famous bowlers as we've seen, have been producing it consistently, perhaps every time they bowl.... and that's how a successful bowler runs through his career..

Last edited:
Facing 140+ is not odd, not easy, and not hard either.

It's fast (ball), but you can experience it, but it doesn't blind you with the speed either, it just moves fast, but the real thing is facing swing with the speed and hitting it correctly.. And it all takes positioning first, try keeping your bat like a shield in front of you, when the ball comes, just go through the correct line of it, and just defend it, don't bother hitting it though, with this, you'll have a good "foot work" ability or feet movement, after this thing is accomplished, the next big thing, not really, but the harder thing is to play the shots correctly, choose the correct shots, and playing it with the perfect flow, and it really does help the batting technique and practicing the defending thing as mentioned earlier by time to time improves your ability to see of the ball easily..

TBH, It's really nice facing a little shorter balls, not the bouncer length, just the length like that "short and wide!" ones', and it's really a pleasure (?) to time the ball or face the fastness of the ball at the length and to the off side basically, leg-side is as easy as off-side, but there's a fear of hitting your head when you attempt a pull or a hook off a heavy bat :p

Nah, not basically, the hell is the facing of out-swinging deliveries put at a short line, to the leg-side to the right-handed batsman.. HELL!!!! If you are facing it without any experience in playing balls like that! The first thing that confuses you is the pace, basically what we're talking about, secondly, the line - and the - length, and the third thing?.., Swing;

You can actually leave the ball or duck to the off-side when a ball is bowled to the leg-side, but when it swings back, really, the first thing that strikes you're mind, "What am i gonna do?" ;) :p , its' a bloody thing, to face deliveries like that, you have to master short pitch deliveries' strokes and that'll help you..

Pace isn't a difficult thing, to an extent, but when combined with other weapons, it's dangerous and many famous bowlers as we've seen have been producing it consistently, perhaps every time they bowl, and that's how a successful bowler runs through his career..

With facing extreme speeds, for me it's more the worry I'm going to get knocked out more than anything. Does getting padded up help you?

Padding really helps you. Who knows? When you miss a half-volley, you can get injured really badly..

Yeah, there's a valid trick in facing fast balls, Many experience that facing fast deliveries sometimes is very easy, and sometimes they feel like getting the hell out of there, doesn't matter how much you make up your mind to face the next ball, it stills remains tougher facing the ball.. and there's always a trick for any - thing.., .. Keep your mind calm, concentrate, lean forward if necessary, don't put your put bat to the ground and tap it frequently, (remember, this is just for getting into track once more) when the ball comes, it feels like "Woah, the ball's coming:p", but just get to the pitch of it and give it nothing less than a good defensive shot, and it takes sometime, but still, you feel that heat.. and i was earlier talking about that easy pickings of the deliveries where every thing seems easy for you and you can even hit some balls for four or even a six!! Yes, that's possible when you have "Fitness";), that's what it is, Fitness' given that real importance in every kind of sport, and not only sport, everywhere.. perfect following of the routine, and waking up freshly is All it takes, as you should get such kind of a feeling that it's easy to run to the pavilion and be back very quickly, you feel like running.. and much more! And even freshness is a very very important aspect, if that's a plus point (+:p) in you, then you're going to get a century in the very easiest times..

Last edited:
Padding really helps you. Who knows? When you miss a half-volley, you can gt injured really badly..

Yeah, there's a valid trick in facing fast balls, Many experience that facing fast deliveries sometimes' is very easy, and sometimes they feel like getting the hell out of there, doesn't matter how much you make up your mind to face the next ball, it stills remains tougher facing the ball.. and there's always a trick for any - thing.., .. Keep your mind calm, concentrate, lean forward if necessary, don't put your put to the ground and tap it frequently, (remember, this is just for getting into track once more) when the ball comes, it feels like "Woah, the ball's coming:p". and just get to the pitch of it and give it nothing less than a good defensive sot, and it takes sometime, but still, you feel that heat.. and i was earlier talking about that easy facing of the deliveries where every thing seems easy for you and you can even hit some balls for four or even a six!! Yes, that's possible when you have "Fitness";), that's what it's given that real importance in every kind of sport, and not only sport, everywhere.. All it takes is perfect following of the routine, and waking up freshly, as you should such kind of a feeling that it's easy to run to the pavilion and be back very quickly, you feel like running.. and much more! And even freshness is a very very important aspect, if that's a plus point (+:p) in you, then you're going to get a century in the very easiest times..

Cheers mate, you make it sound so easy

Users who are viewing this thread