Your Cricket What Pace can you Face

I can face up to 135...no more i tested my limit in one of our clubs bowling machine yesterday.

We have a guy that bowls around 135. I can face him, but I'd say its good he is on our team and not on the opposition. I am able to face it, but its on the higher end of my depth.

Havnt faced quicker than that, and am comfortable with pace up to 125-130. Higher than that and I do have a bit of trouble.

We have a guy that bowls around 135. I can face him, but I'd say its good he is on our team and not on the opposition. I am able to face it, but its on the higher end of my depth.

Havnt faced quicker than that, and am comfortable with pace up to 125-130. Higher than that and I do have a bit of trouble.

I can face probably about 120-130. I am only 16 though and have alot more to learn about facing quicker bowlers. As i am a bowler myself.

Took a pace ball to the leg without a thigh pad in training. Wasn't bad, hardly affected me at all XD

Probably will sting tomorrow though.

i have faced upwards of 90 MPH on the bowling machine comfortably, but that doesnt count as you know where the ball is going.

As an opening batsman i guess i would face up to 130 KPH or a bit more, it gets difficult but if you concerntraight you can get through

When I was 15 opened the batting and faced a 1st grade bowler bowling 135kph on an artificial pitch (concrete underneath with green layer on top) and the first ball was pitched on a good enough length to work off your hips and it ended up hitting me in the side of the helmet.
Next ball I gave myself some room to try and crack the ball through cover but the pace of the ball was to strong for me and the ball ended up going through gully for four.

I Bowl Gas if any of you guys live in melbourne south east suburbs we can go down to the nets for a hit

135ks, can face 140ks with the bowling machine but you know where its going so its easier.

Well I have an experience of playing a bowler who was bowling around 150Ks or even more his bowls was just shooting towards me.I can only manage to play one ball and that was a big booming six by me;) but that was the most difficult over I had ever played.

our club got a bowling machine, about 3-4 years ago. i didnt get to face it then, because i was just a kid. now i use it like 3 times a week.

and the fastest i faced was 71/72 mph. i just blocked, and played few back foot stuff. but no shots. its too quick :p but regularly i face 60-65 mph. no body in our league bowls that fast, so in matches it feels weird...

Probably about 120km/h is my limit, I faced one of the top grade warehouse bowlers from our club, a Sri Lankan who was sending them down at a good pace - I would estimate about 120. I was pretty rattled - mostly just defence, defence - think I only hit about one attacking shot, a glance off the hips. I was too busy watching for the bouncer, one came through at head height and I practically fell over as I ducked under it. So - 120 is probably my limit now, I wouldn't want to face much faster. Bear in mind, I'm still in juniors cricket though.

Well the fastest guy in my grade bowls 130 - 135 tops. I still havnt faced him though, 120 is probably the fastest iv faced. Even that im not comfortable with as im a bowler:)

Comfortable on 72-75mph (this is on bowling machine, only been on it for 30 mins, found 60 rapid at start)
Once i got going 83mph, i hit probably 3 out of 4? defended 2 missed 1, creamed 1 (although i was told it was on 75mph just the ████ at other end was increasing pace without telling me)
But bouncers on 75 like directed at my head, were unnerving, couldnt hit any.

Users who are viewing this thread