Your Cricket What Pace can you Face

by looking at "true" posts (not such as ahmed shah or send2 or ^^) everyday people/players can only face up to 120kmph/70mph and get in trouble

jezz pros make it look so easy

I've faced 76mph on the bowling machine fairly comfortably, but that's the quickest I've gone. In a match it'd probably be facing some 1st XI left arm quick who was probably bowling at about that same pace, certainly felt about the same anyway. Helpfully it was one of the few days our wicket had a bit of pace and bounce, was good fun out there :p

Im not much of a batsman but I can face 65 mph with ease (unless its spinning). Anything above and I flinch like a little girl.

Like others pace doesn't really worry me, but spinners I struggle to score quickly against.

So probs 120/130 max

Bearing in mind I'm 14, I've faced a first grader, who was easily the 130k mark, you can barely see the ball, except when it is a bouncer, and your only thought is not getting hit.

So under 110 is my comfortable level, and I can probably survive a tad faster if I'm up to it, and it's not swinging. Someone said this lad is 145k, because he put a bowling machine on 150k, and he was almost as fast, but I just don't believe it. Said first grader hit me in the lower gut, almost near the waist, under the belly button, I had a bruise for a month. Since seniors, I've had so many bruises, all over my body.

Pace upto 135 can be faced easily.
After that it gets a bit difficult.

I struggle against the leg-spinners :crying

I play the spinners much more comfortably.

I played my cousin who I reckon easily bowled 130+ (Tape bowl) and hit me with the bouncer right at my head. Talk about getting owned :facepalm

So probs 120/130 max

The closest you've got to 130kph is in a car.

Most people in this thread underestimate the speed of bowling. On TV it doesn't look quick, that's why you think everything is faster than what it is. Seriously, 130kph in tape ball, which I'm pretty sure is a tennis ball with some tape on it, is absolute bullshit.

I play the spinners much more comfortably.

I played my cousin who I reckon easily bowled 130+ (Tape bowl) and hit me with the bouncer right at my head. Talk about getting owned :facepalm

If your cousin can easily bowl 130+ with a tape ball, why isn't he playing for Pakistan? If he can bowl 130+ with a tape ball, he should be able to bowl 150km with a hard ball, and he should probably dominate world cricket, yes?

It was probably more like 100-110, as Jakester said, it is extremely easy to overestimate the speed of deliveries, especially if they are whizzing by your head.

by looking at "true" posts (not such as ahmed shah or send2 or ^^) everyday people/players can only face up to 120kmph/70mph and get in trouble

jezz pros make it look so easy

I didn't said I have face that bowler with ease,it was one of the difficult over I had ever played in my 7 years career but actually I was forced to play.

Users who are viewing this thread