Your Cricket What Pace can you Face

Stuck a bowling machine on 99mph, first time wearing no lid.

Mates thought it would be a good idea to drop it short, nearly walked out of the hall. That was funking fast.

Comfortable up to about 80mph, then my game goes to crap.

Its relative for each player. The bowling machine does not run up and release the ball from different points each time.

Playing a bowling machine is no indicator of match performance.

Its relative for each player. The bowling machine does not run up and release the ball from different points each time.

Playing a bowling machine is no indicator of match performance.

Yeah I can understand that, but as a general indication any idea whether actual bowlers of the same speed can feel faster?

One reason that I can think of is the fact that since you don't know where the ball will be bowled, you react a tad later, giving you the impression that the guy is quicker.

I agree that bowlers "feel" faster than bowling machines and also some bowlers "feel" faster than others despite being the same speed.

145Ks from Mitchel Johnson is a lot heavier and comes on quicker than 145ks from say Broad

I agree that bowlers "feel" faster than bowling machines and also some bowlers "feel" faster than others despite being the same speed.

145Ks from Mitchel Johnson is a lot heavier and comes on quicker than 145ks from say Broad

Yeah I agree with you there. I think it has to do with some bowlers losing a lot of speed after it pitches. They really should show us the speed when the ball reaches the batsman rather than from out of the hand. They tried that technology in Australia in the early 2000s, I guess it wasn't successful.

Well, i just got myself a Sidearm Pro to train with. The videos i've seen have had this thing up around 140km/h and my dad is about half a foot taller then the guy using it in the the vid so i assume the deliveries are around 140km/h if not more.

Things great for training, looks like a bowlers arm and anybody who can throw and us one. Great for net sessions.

I'm currently playing U17, can't wait until the season, nobody in the comp will be bowling 140km rockets at me, life should be good.

Last edited:
I had a friend who could bowl real fast with a taped tennis ball. I used to handle him pretty well but never faced him with a cricket ball.

Well, i just got myself a Sidearm Pro to train with. The videos i've seen have had this thing up around 140km/h and my dad is about half a foot taller then the guy using it in the the vid so i assume the deliveries are around 140km/h if not more.

Things great for training, looks like a bowlers arm and anybody who can throw and us one. Great for net sessions.

I'm currently playing U17, can't wait until the season, nobody in the comp will be bowling 140km rockets at me, life should be good.

My dad uses this aswell as he can't throw constantly with a bad shoulder. My one is broken at the moment as the bit which holds the ball has snapped off after some idiot tried using it and smacked it on the ground in his follow through. My dad is the only one who really uses it and he's got a dodgy shoulder and isn't the biggest of guy's and he can get the ball to go quite fast with the sidearm. It definetely has improved my batting against pace bowlers and shorter pitched bowling.

My one is broken at the moment as the bit which holds the ball has snapped off after some idiot tried using it and smacked it on the ground in his follow through. It definetely has improved my batting against pace bowlers and shorter pitched bowling.

Damn i'm not letting any body other then very trusted friends use mine, i don't want it broken... Yeah it's great training for facing pace, 140km/h beamers is not the funniest thing in the world, specially as if i get hit, i don't wear a helmet (incentive to get out of the way).

I can face easily in 80s but i dont think i've ever faced a bowler 90+ My brother is the fastest which i faced and he bowls around 85 to 88

Users who are viewing this thread