• Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(if so please state)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Laky

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think Sachin Tendulkar is the best, especially in his technique although he can't changes the outcome of a game if he tries, he doesn't have the power to increase the run rate if needed and gets out with the shots he uses to try and bring the run rate up. Most of the games that he contributes in, india have rarely won, except in the World Cup when he was in excellent form.

Matthew Hayden, he could be one of the best batsmen, he can time the ball sweetly and has power to change the game in just a few overs. Just like Gilchrict they both hit the ball hard and it can be a nightmare trying to get them out (especially Hayden).

Inzamam-Ul-Haq is a excellent batsman but the main factor is that he can't run very fast and relies on hitting boundaries. He can also change a game easily and can provide those vital knocks when needed, but is caught out most of the time, trying to hit boundaires.

Jacque Kallis has been in excellent form recently and seems to be a good all rounder. Although I haven't seen him play a good innnings, I know that he hits the ball hard.

Out of these, if I choose the best batsman on technique, it would definately be Tendulkar and if I had to choose a batsman that can be relied on and change a game it would be Hayden.

jwalits

Club Cricketer
if one has to choose a batsmen based on technique, then you can't go past Dravid, he is the best technician India has produced since Sunil Gavaskar.
Tendulkar can be a bit suspect to the ball leaving and also is not that comfortable with late in-swing (not reverse swing).
Kallis is in excellent form, though he run of form was against the West Indies, who are just going downhill as a team, their bowlers are just cannon fodder, and his century against NZ came when the match was going towards a draw anyway. He is yet to play big innings against Aus, but I do remember his hundred a few years ago at the MCG, that was a great innings...
but he is not yet up there with the likes of Dravid and Tendulkar

madmattg

International Cricketer
I went Kallis because I based it on current form, career and the fact he is the only true alrounder.

DE VILLERS

School Cricketer
i voted the pigeon, mcgrath :)

I bet if he was given the chance to open the batting he'd break a few records

jwalits

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by madmattg
...Kallis.....the only true alrounder.
I think there are definately more than one true all-rounders in the game.
I think Chris Cairns, I thinl, is the best-allrounder when he is injury free, which hasn't been too often over the last few years, he just became only the 6th man ever to get 3000 runs and 200 wickets in tests...
Theres also Jacob Oram, he is a fine all-rounder, he's only just starting out and he will only become better..
Shaun Pollock is always very very handy player in any side...
Another all-rounder for the future, I believe, is Irfan Pathan, he has got great potential with the bat and everyone has seen what he can do with the bowl, and will only improve..

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Sachin is the best by a long record in both the forms of the game. He has a great character and his field presence is so much felt by the opposition.

I remember the great Don Bradman also said that Sachin was the best batsman he had ever seen. And if Don himself played in the modernn game, he wouldnt have achieved as much as Sachin has.

straw

Club Cricketer
What the hell is Sarwan doing up there where is the likes of Flintoff who in my eyes the best all rounder around at the moment.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Originally posted by jwalits
I think there are definately more than one true all-rounders in the game.
I think Chris Cairns, I thinl, is the best-allrounder when he is injury free, which hasn't been too often over the last few years, he just became only the 6th man ever to get 3000 runs and 200 wickets in tests...
Theres also Jacob Oram, he is a fine all-rounder, he's only just starting out and he will only become better..
Shaun Pollock is always very very handy player in any side...
Another all-rounder for the future, I believe, is Irfan Pathan, he has got great potential with the bat and everyone has seen what he can do with the bowl, and will only improve..

I did say based on current form.

You started on about players just in the game, or without injury or if their handy.

I mean that actually play consistantly are getting runs, wickets and can field. Not that they have claims to do this but dont do them all at once.

Imrovement, claims and dreams of greatness dont count.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
kallis is the best all rounder at the moment closely followed by flintoff.

jwalits

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by madmattg
I did say based on current form.

You started on about players just in the game, or without injury or if their handy.

I mean that actually play consistantly are getting runs, wickets and can field. Not that they have claims to do this but dont do them all at once.

Imrovement, claims and dreams of greatness dont count.

I just tried to make the point that Kallis is not the only genuine all-rounder in the world, as you claimed in your first post, and the fact is that he is one of the best bats in the world, but in the lastest series against NZ, his bowling was just about in-effective, so I wouldn't class him as even the best all-rounder in the world at the moment, it would have to be someone like a Cairns, or in my book Flintoff..
I think RSA have decided to give less bowling to Kallis so he could concentrate on his batting more....

italiansammy

School Cricketer
Tendulkar is the best overall in my opinion. For current form, I would vote Ponting. But in general, Tendulkar is far ahead of other batsmen. :)

Users who are viewing this thread