Windows Vista

How good will Vista be?

• Total voters
kmk1284 said:
halo 2 exclusively for vista only. isnt microsoft playing cheap ??

Actually its graphics system can only be implemented on vista i.e. Directx10

And Directx 10 would not be released for WinXP

Ritwik said:
Isn't microsoft playing cheap?
But no big surprise that's what they've always done.
I think it will eventually be released for Xp, I m pretty sure.

siddharth2002 said:
I think it will eventually be released for Xp, I m pretty sure.
Yeah i agree they would have to put it out

Surely Microsoft won't be that greedy. Will be disappointing if they did do that.

blackleopard92 said:
Actually its graphics system can only be implemented on vista i.e. Directx10

And Directx 10 would not be released for WinXP

it depends on the graphics card and not the operating system

kmk1284 said:
it depends on the graphics card and not the operating system

Knowledge update v1.01!!!!!
this program will update your knowledge to newest levels achievable.:p
go to gamespot (mis) user :D:p

here's a snippet:

Direct3D10 finally completes the break from the legacy fixed-function pipeline. Developers will use the programmable pipeline to emulate the older, fixed-function steps. Additionally, Microsoft had to rethink its display driver model now that the entire desktop is going 3D. The video card isn't just for games anymore. When you have a 3D desktop and give each application its own 3D window, the display driver has to be flexible and stable enough to handle the video card's increased role in the system. Microsoft split up the display driver to increase stability, to ensure that the 3D desktop stays up in the event that a game or another application crashes due to a graphics error. This change also means that Microsoft will not release DirectX 10 for Windows XP, because many of the Direct3D10 improvements will need the new Windows Vista Display Driver Model.

I love misconceptions, there is a particluar glee achieved when you vacuum them out of existance.!!

I don't think I will be getting Windows Vista anytime soon, I'm happy with Windows XP for now and I haven't got a penny to spare! :D

have u tried any software or games on windows vista.
If u hav, was thr any problem coz i hav the beta but i never installed it to save disk space. I use a lot of softwares n obviously play a lot of games

I'll probably give Vista beta a spin on my new PC (which should be delivered tommorow :))

As an aside, an unscrupulous shopkeeper at Nehru Place market in Delhi tried to sell me the "full version" of Vista yesterday for Rs. 200 (!). When I mentioned that it was a freely available beta version, he said that he'll give me Rs. 600 if I proved it was beta! (Wish I had taken up his offer .... )

blackleopard92 said:
Knowledge update v1.01!!!!!
this program will update your knowledge to newest levels achievable.:p
go to gamespot (mis) user :D:p

here's a snippet:

Direct3D10 finally completes the break from the legacy fixed-function pipeline. Developers will use the programmable pipeline to emulate the older, fixed-function steps. Additionally, Microsoft had to rethink its display driver model now that the entire desktop is going 3D. The video card isn't just for games anymore. When you have a 3D desktop and give each application its own 3D window, the display driver has to be flexible and stable enough to handle the video card's increased role in the system. Microsoft split up the display driver to increase stability, to ensure that the 3D desktop stays up in the event that a game or another application crashes due to a graphics error. This change also means that Microsoft will not release DirectX 10 for Windows XP, because many of the Direct3D10 improvements will need the new Windows Vista Display Driver Model.

I love misconceptions, there is a particluar glee achieved when you vacuum them out of existance.!!

didnt check my facts

kmk1284 said:
didnt check my facts

Actually there is still a lot of doubt over whether DX10 will happen or not for Xp.
there is a rumor that an emulator would be made because gaming companies can't afford to alienate millions of users by switching to DX10.

But I feel that games would have legacy support, and would have min reqd stated as DX9, and recommending DX10.

Ritwik said:
I'll probably give Vista beta a spin on my new PC (which should be delivered tommorow :))

As an aside, an unscrupulous shopkeeper at Nehru Place market in Delhi tried to sell me the "full version" of Vista yesterday for Rs. 200 (!). When I mentioned that it was a freely available beta version, he said that he'll give me Rs. 600 if I proved it was beta! (Wish I had taken up his offer .... )

wonderful, A new PC bang in middle of exam season!!!
You are more clever than I thought. :D:p

And give me the address of that NP dealer, would love 400. :D

(this isn't spam, is it Ritwik? :D:p :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread