Windows XP vs Vista

Which windows you prefer?

• Total voters

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am using Win xp and thinking of buying vista. Has anyone used it? How is it? Is it faster than XP ?

I am using Win xp and thinking of buying vista. Has anyone used it? How is it? Is it faster than XP ?

For Vista you should have 2GB RAM, there are many applicatons which does not run in Vista . I am very much happy with XP :happy

1Gb RAM is enough to run Vista and you have 1.5Gb which should be a bit better.

The recent SP1 release has improved some of the bugs in Vista and has made it better working. Vista is the future, and with more fixes, it will definitely surpass XP and other versions with the look and the use.

If you have a good configuration system, go for Vista (you can download SP1 online).

Why not wait for a new os probably named Milestone 1 by MS releasing by 2009 (Read it somewhere) So bye bye XP :crying

Humph. One should not be even that future proofing Omkar. :p Think what happened to Vista when it was newly released, when the Windows 7 will be released, Vista would have been barely been perfected by that time.

And I voted for Vista. I guess we all should stop moaning about the slowness(and I'm just not saying that as I got my uber powered rig now, I have got another very lowly powered one too). Lets face it, Vista is the next gen OS, and with the advancements in technology, advancements in softwares are bound to come. We Have to move on with our technology. Just remember what happened when XP first came out, the XP we guys are kissing nowadays, was once in an even worse state than what Vista is now. When XP first came out people were alarmed at how it required more than 128mb RAM, and Windows 98 fanboys were all over. That same XP nowadays has taken Windows 98's role. Things have to move on, and they will, and its for the better. :)

And with the release of SP1, Vista is definitely possible on 1GB Ram systems with Intel GMA. I have another system, which is P4 3GHz, 1 GB RAM(that too 533mhz), and other normal components. I can easily run Vista Sp1 with Aero enabled on the GMA 950. You can't get anything better than this. :)

Cheers

I'm using Vista on my laptop (core duo 1.6 Ghz, 1 gb ram, intel GMA), and have not faced any problems other than the initial driver issues.
Aero runs perfectly fine. Initially i had 512 Ram, Aero slowed down the system a lot on that, but now its hardly noticeable :)

As Kshitiz Pointed out, and as i have constantly maintained, Win XP is now like Windows 98.
MS plans to stop the support of XP after SP3 is released. so, pray they dont release it soon enough.
Many software developers are now creating their programs/games for Vista exclusively.

Now that SP1 has come out, it's the best time to switch over to Vista.
The performance lag is not much anymore, and its behaving like a nice pet :)

Vista is good in looks but is hardly compatible with games.
That's not MS's fault, infact MS has laid down an excellent platform for games. The problem is with the driver makers, and the biggest culprit is Intel. nVidia and AMD have almost nullified the differences in Vista and XP with only some minor glitches, but Intel's vista drivers are horrible.

Humph. One should not be even that future proofing Omkar. :p Think what happened to Vista when it was newly released, when the Windows 7 will be released, Vista would have been barely been perfected by that time.

And I voted for Vista. I guess we all should stop moaning about the slowness(and I'm just not saying that as I got my uber powered rig now, I have got another very lowly powered one too). Lets face it, Vista is the next gen OS, and with the advancements in technology, advancements in softwares are bound to come. We Have to move on with our technology. Just remember what happened when XP first came out, the XP we guys are kissing nowadays, was once in an even worse state than what Vista is now. When XP first came out people were alarmed at how it required more than 128mb RAM, and Windows 98 fanboys were all over. That same XP nowadays has taken Windows 98's role. Things have to move on, and they will, and its for the better. :)

And with the release of SP1, Vista is definitely possible on 1GB Ram systems with Intel GMA. I have another system, which is P4 3GHz, 1 GB RAM(that too 533mhz), and other normal components. I can easily run Vista Sp1 with Aero enabled on the GMA 950. You can't get anything better than this. :)

Cheers
I told what I read

naah.....not planning to switch to vista ATLEAST for another year.....
had a horrible experience after installing it..........

plus, my main gripe is it doesnt support my Creative 5.1 Drivers......
:(....imagine your PC without any sound........
just cant compromise...

also, nothing really in vista that is forcing or tempting me to switch over...
in fact, its the other way around really.......

naah.....not planning to switch to vista ATLEAST for another year.....
had a horrible experience after installing it..........

plus, my main gripe is it doesnt support my Creative 5.1 Drivers......
:(....imagine your PC without any sound........
just cant compromise...

also, nothing really in vista that is forcing or tempting me to switch over...
in fact, its the other way around really.......
What's your system configuration and your sound card? :)

Users who are viewing this thread