Windows XP vs Vista

Which windows you prefer?

• Total voters
I am using Win xp and thinking of buying vista. Has anyone used it? How is it? Is it faster than XP ?

DO NOT GET VISTA! It is crap, I can't get any sims on it ffs. Ghay! I am sooo pissed off at vista at the moment, you cannot get half the things XP can. AARRGGHH! How must does it cost to switch to XP?

DO NOT GET VISTA! It is crap, I can't get any sims on it ffs. Ghay! I am sooo pissed off at vista at the moment, you cannot get half the things XP can. AARRGGHH! How must does it cost to switch to XP?

I personal would get it.
So far Vista have given so much which XP couldn't give. Easy to navigate.
so far everything with me is working.
what sims you get get on it.

One day everyone will change to Vista, when some hardware don't support XP.
I personal think people should change they mind to positive before using Vista, because with all the Negative you have you wouldl ike Vista one bit.
I am using Vista Ultimate, and trust me it is worth it.

Please, everyone.. Ignore this douche. He is from Cricsim.. and is an absolute dumb-ass 8 year old.

That's the sim makers fault, not Vista, that the sim maker isn't able to make his program compatible with Vista.

And to be honest, on Vista ultimate I can easily run most of the sims, including the Cricsim. I think Home premium or basic are lacking some sort of an emulation which is in Ultimate only. Nevertheless, I wouldn't base my operating system choice on the types of "sims" that would run on the OS. Yours views are just biased and you seem to be not able to get outside the world of sims.

guys, am thinking of switching to Vista Premium From XP.
have already tried Ultimate but it was using around 800-1GB of RAM
and had a lot of styles and effects which were unnecessary.
Basic is just TOO basic :p...! i'd rather stick with XP...

this leaves me to premium which i havent yet tried and wanted
to know how much RAM does it use and whats the main difference
between premium and ultimate ?

I don't think the amount of RAM used in premium will be any different from that used by Ultimate.
It is basically the Aero theme which is resource hungry, and you need lots of ram, and a good video card to support that.
In basic, the Aero theme is not present, that's why it probably looks a bit like Windows XP.

The main difference in premium and Ultimate is that the business features are unavailable in premium, while Ultimate combines the features of all its versions.

Go through these links which will give you a better idea.
1. https://wikis.uit.tufts.edu/conflue...oftVistaForum/Vista+Version+Comparison+Matrix
2. http://techgage.com/article/windows_vista_version_comparison/

Users who are viewing this thread