Windows XP vs Vista

Which windows you prefer?

• Total voters
I have tried both. I have 2gb ram.

If you want good graphics - use Vista

If you want speed - use XP

I personally like the latter.

I'm getting Vista on my new laptop later this week. I've been told that 1gb Ram wont be enough, is this true? And if i need more how much and why?

Also, can anyone give me a general idea how much Ram is to buy :p

I might ask around the local shops, would 1gb ram run ICC3?

Simon, beleive me, you WIlL need 2 GB if you want a hassle free, future proof laptop. 1 GB does work, indeed, but the moment you open too many things together it stuffs up. Get 2 GB and peace of mind. :)

I have a 1GB laptop with vista home premium and it works fine. Vista's graphics is amazing but as everyone has said it takes up a fair bit of space and is a tad slower than XP. But i prefer vista;)

I have a 1GB laptop with vista home premium and it works fine. Vista's graphics is amazing but as everyone has said it takes up a fair bit of space and is a tad slower than XP. But i prefer vista;)
Yes, that's why I am telling Simon to get 2GB to enjoy peace of mind and quick responses. More RAM = Better superfetch which does really make things easier.

Thank you Kshitiz, basically all i want to run on it is ICC3, Firefox, iTunes and thats pretty much it :p

Thank you Kshitiz, basically all i want to run on it is ICC3, Firefox, iTunes and thats pretty much it :p
iTunes is a pretty big resource hog as far as I've heard. Firefox can take up lots of RAM once you open up too many websites. Don't know about ICC3 though. :p

But if you take 2GB, that would be one decision you would never regret. :)

Ok, as i said, ill ask around and see if i can afford it.

PC brands are providing Vista in all their computers except for some:p

Users who are viewing this thread