General - Windows Vista vs Windows XP

Windows Vista or Windows XP? You decide!

• Total voters
I hardly know anyone who uses Vista.. it's ment to be safe and stuff.

XP is kinda safe for me.. I tried "longhorn" Beta and it sucked, vista cost kinda too much.. & no point of me getting it now because I have no problems with my XP, it rules. I don't want to "illegal" and get a fake version just for that great theme of theirs. I want the Vista theme but in which i have to install without installing anyother software. Just like "Royale" theme for XP if someone can help..

I dont know what CTDs are. But when PES6 crashes it just comes up with a pop up saying "pes6.exe is not responding" then it just closes and yeah. Nothing else happens that I know of.
It also has a handy feature that searches the internet for a solution to the problem

Vista is just ME version 2. You can't kill XP's popularity, this time its not Win 98 vs Win 2000 or Win 2000 vs Win XP.
You can't stick with XP either, support and upgrades will stop soon and the next version of windows won't go back to being more XP like, it will build on vista

XP because things actually work on it.
To be honest, apart from some little programs made by home programmers most things run on it fine now.

so kev you use Vista? any screenshots you can post? is it fast and stuff? I always though it would be slow because of it's "great" layout.

I've been using it for a while, its hard for me to compare speeds because I've never used this PC on XP but yes, it is fast.

so kev you use Vista? any screenshots you can post? is it fast and stuff? I always though it would be slow because of it's "great" layout.

The "great" layout will only be enabled for machines with supported graphics cards. So for me I don't have aero enabled but apart from that Vista runs just like XP but with all the new stuff they added to Vista. My PC isn't all that flash only 2.8 GHZ and 896 MB ram so if you around that then your experience with Vista will be fine.

i have vista aswell... i love it ... its great. i haven't had a single problem with any programs that i need. its fast.. (should be too.. this computer is only 2 weeks old) ...secure and looks great.

i really don't see why XP is better then Vista for me. everything i ran on my old XP computer runs faster, and looks better on this PC.

so woot for vista! lol:hpraise

I am planning to get a new laptop, so will probably get one with Vista (Premium).

Whatever I have tried of Vista (at my friend's place), seems to be a cool OS. If you have the right machine and if you do the right things, the OS looks and works great for you, I think.

Just be sure though, Intel drivers for vista are pathetic, i mean, its not the OS's fault. most of you who have got Intel Integrated graphics, just dont look upto gaming much on vista, because even though the Intel IGP is pretty capable nowadays, the drivers for vista by Intel are PATHETIC, SIMPLY PATHWETIC!

Just be sure though, Intel drivers for vista are pathetic, i mean, its not the OS's fault. most of you who have got Intel Integrated graphics, just dont look upto gaming much on vista, because even though the Intel IGP is pretty capable nowadays, the drivers for vista by Intel are PATHETIC, SIMPLY PATHWETIC!
Damn, because thats exactly the combo I have:( Where can I find driver updates from?

Yeah, thats what Iam deffo doing this weekend. Or I could snatch a GFX out of my Dads computer that he never uses. Its an ATI 9550 or something, anyways I play C07, Pro Evo and all that easily on it and it looks awesome no lag:) I have asked some guy and he reckons if I just open his PC and take it out and slot it into my computer I can use it. Yeah?

I think you should be able to play those games easily on the Intel IGP in XP too, pretty sure about the C07, not so about pro evo.

Btw, do you have an assembled pc or one from by the likes of dell, hp etc. ?

I got one from a local computer shop. I think they just made it themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread