Women's Asia Cup

^ That can be termed as mildly racist. I won't say anything further because I don't really enjoy the whole concept of races.

Hopefully the Indian Eves pull this one off. I remember India's horrible performance in the last one. THe only teams they beat were Hong Kong and UAE. The only reason they got to the final was because of a bonus point.

sohummisra said:
Hopefully the Indian Eves pull this one off. I remember India's horrible performance in the last one. THe only teams they beat were Hong Kong and UAE. The only reason they got to the final was because of a bonus point.
I think you're getting mixed up with something else. This is the first Women's Asia Cup.

ZexyZahid said:
What's stupid about that? Each country has own rules.
What kind of a rule is that? What's wrong in men watching women's cricket? It's not a fashion show where girls will be walking down the ramp semi-nude. Don't you think that the men are deprived of watching a good game of cricket even if it involves women? By implementing such rules, the people who made these rules are presuming that all men who will come to watch the game will get a kick out of watching women their bodies covered head to toe rather than watching these athletes playing for the love of the game. Ridiculous!

I do not want to get into ideological war here. This is my last post regarding this subject. What I have written above is my personal opinion. You are entitled to your opinions and i respect them. Thanks!

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
What kind of a rule is that? What's wrong in men watching women's cricket? It's not a fashion show where girls will be walking down the ramp semi-nude. Don't you think that the men are deprived of watching a good game of cricket even if it involves women? By implementing such rules, the people who made these rules are presuming that all men who will come to watch the game will get a kick out of watching women their bodies covered head to toe rather than watching these athletes playing for the love of the game. Ridiculous!

I do not want to get into ideological war here. This is my last post regarding this subject. What I have written above is my personal opinion. You are entitled to your opinions and i respect them. Thanks!
The other angle on it is that it's to protect the players themselves. A marathon in Pakistan recently was attacked by religious extremeists for allowing women to race.

2nd Match Result

Sri Lanka innings: 115 all out
India innings: 118/0 (Jain 52 not out, Sharma 58 not out)

India win by 10 wickets

andrew_nixon said:
The other angle on it is that it's to protect the players themselves. A marathon in Pakistan recently was attacked by religious extremeists for allowing women to race.

2nd Match Result

Sri Lanka innings: 115 all out
India innings: 118/0 (Jain 52 not out, Sharma 58 not out)

India win by 10 wickets
Cool!! Good show by Indian women.

3rd Match Result

India innings: 289/2 (Sharma 138 not out, Chopra 86 not out)
Pakistan innings: 96 all out

India win by 193 runs

The Indian men will be hoping for a win like that when they play Pakistan!

andrew_nixon said:
3rd Match Result

India innings: 289/2 (Sharma 138 not out, Chopra 86 not out)
Pakistan innings: 96 all out

India win by 193 runs

The Indian men will be hoping for a win like that when they play Pakistan!
Indian women on fire!! I hope Indian men match the Indian women performance.

rahulk666 said:

Just like you have your own opinion about this I've got my own. I don't mind either that men aren't allowed to watch. If they are desperate to watch (quality) cricket they can watch domestic cricket and Test and ODI cricket of the men. Like I said each country has his own culture and rules. In other countries if you steal, you're hands are cut off. In some if you insult the name of the nation, you face inprisonment. In some if you smuggle drugs, you face the death penalty. That's the way it goes and if you're travelling to some country you have to adjust to the laws of that country; they won't change for any guest traveller.

And there are a lot of things to worry about then this, which are happening in the world.

sohummisra said:
^ That can be termed as mildly racist. I won't say anything further because I don't really enjoy the whole concept of races.

I agree with you on this one.

And just as expected India would have won the matches. They were second on the World Cup for some reason. But it's for Pakistan and Sri Lanka Women Team's good to see what the quality is in Women's Cricket. Facing good teams helps improving their standards, since they know what kind of opposition they can expect.

By the way, Jaya Sharma's 138 is the highest score by an Indian in women's ODIs. The previous record was held by Mithali Raj, who scored 114 against Ireland in 1999.

Just like you have your own opinion about this I've got my own. I don't mind either that men aren't allowed to watch. If they are desperate to watch (quality) cricket they can watch domestic cricket and Test and ODI cricket of the men. Like I said each country has his own culture and rules. In other countries if you steal, you're hands are cut off. In some if you insult the name of the nation, you face inprisonment. In some if you smuggle drugs, you face the death penalty. That's the way it goes and if you're travelling to some country you have to adjust to the laws of that country; they won't change for any guest traveller.

And there are a lot of things to worry about then this, which are happening in the world

Keeping in vein with the politically correct trend, I would like to ask you if your comments aren't mildly sexist-or at least gender-biased; that is why is quality cricket only limited to men's and women's? Agreeing with anti-racist measures is one thing, but when it seeks to disparage another section of the human race I would be quite circumspect.

No, they aren't 'mildly' sexist or whatever you said there. Like I said everybody has his own opinion about this. When someone lives in America, he has different principles when someone lives in for example Tanzania or Laos. When I would live in America I surely would have a different view about this. But I am not. And don't why it's pinpointing to one of the sexes, while I am pointing out that the laws of a country should be respected.

And I think it would be wise now to just talk about the games now further on.

Users who are viewing this thread