Women's Asia Cup

ZexyZahid said:
What's stupid about that? Each country has own rules.

It's stupid, Sport should be played by all and watched by all (not forced :rolleyes: ), Religion getting involved like usual when it's not wanted.

I think the girls wan'ts themselves that men are not allowed to see them.
Actually, that rule is fine with me....
But I don't think that the team should be kicked or you should call the rule for complitley stupid or something like that.... :rolleyes:
Anyway, who won?

Who won what?

The rule is stupid, denying people the oppurtunity to see some top class cricket simply because of their gender is just crazy. The ICC should step in and tell the PCB that this is unacceptable.

It's not the women themselves that want this, it's the religious extremeists. The same idiots who disrupted a marathon in Lahore because women were allowed to run.

Sureshot said:
They'll moan about them breathing the same air next.
Wouldn't surprise me.

It's the sort of rule that would better fit the 19th Century. The ICC threatened to leave Lord's a few years back if the MCC didn't change it's men only policy. They shouldn't have double standards, and should inform the PCB that they will not be able to host women's internationals whilst this archaic and anachronostic rule remains in place.

Any way:

4th Match Result

Sri Lanka innings: 123 all out
Pakistan innings: 93 all out (Siriwardene 4/11)

Sri Lanka win by 30 runs

Sri Lanka will now meet India in the final on the 4th of January.

ZexyZahid said:
No, they aren't 'mildly' sexist or whatever you said there. Like I said everybody has his own opinion about this. When someone lives in America, he has different principles when someone lives in for example Tanzania or Laos. When I would live in America I surely would have a different view about this. But I am not. And don't why it's pinpointing to one of the sexes, while I am pointing out that the laws of a country should be respected.

And I think it would be wise now to just talk about the games now further on.

So I suppose claiming that true 'quality' cricket is only an entity of Men's Cricket. [sarcasm]Well, I really can't see any sexism in that statement[/sarcasm.]

Secondly, I would never try to claim or impose an objective 'correctitude' for which every nation must adhere to. I do recognize the flaws in this statement as it allows a nation to eschew rights and privileges to a certain section of its populace; that is, I wont claim that a certain ruling is correct or not, but if we all have to blindly respect a country's rulings then we must accept the negative ramifications of the mis-treatment of the minorities in these nations.

...but to keep on topic, I'm glad that India is winning. Go India! :happy

A day later and you guys are still janking about this. I can talk a lot of garbage about the politics of the countries you guys currently reside, but I won't waste my time on that. It's scientifically analyzed that men perform better in sports then women. Just like I said talk now about the cricket further on.

And there has be some miracle if India doesn't wins this.

India should win the asia cup........I dont see the lankan team coming close to winning India.

There are still two normal matches left. Next match will be Sri Lanka against India, will also will be the final. Hopefully Sri Lanka can learn something from there.

ZexyZahid said:
A day later and you guys are still janking about this. I can talk a lot of garbage about the politics of the countries you guys currently reside, but I won't waste my time on that. It's scientifically analyzed that men perform better in sports then women. Just like I said talk now about the cricket further on.

And there has be some miracle if India doesn't wins this.

I'm sorry for pursuing this, but just because men have a stronger muscle structure doesn't mean that sports played by females are of 'less quality.'

ZexyZahid said:
It's scientifically analyzed that men perform better in sports then women. Just like I said talk now about the cricket further on.
No argument from me on that one. But that is no reason to prevent people from watching a quality game of cricket, in the second most important tournament in women's cricket, simply due to the demands of a few religious extremists.

It's just plain wrong, and the ICC need to tell the PCB that such restrictions on audience membership are unacceptable.

I assume that as you have no problems with these stupid restrictions, you would have no problem if, say, Zimbabwe cricket said that white people couldn't go to games in Zimbabwe unless they were related to one of the players.

It's stupid to see you're trying to prove yourself right by going into a racial discussion, which has nothing do with this. I can reverse this question too: not long time ago coloured people used to be slaves for the white people. By that time white people didn't see anything wrong with that too. It's the culture and heritage, which defines what's wrong and right. If I was living in England and would be white I would have a different about this. But luckily I am not. I just accept how the laws of countries are build up. Like someone said, these laws are made from cultural and religious flows. And don't think they're less educated and lower on the order then you are, because every nation tried to make a constitutional law build up an whole nation's wishes, in which they wanted to satisfy the majority of the people.

Like I said, every person in different country and location has different opinion. Just try to get this in your head and maybe you'll understand.

:D Trying to educate, Andrew are we?

Times have changed over the last centuries ZZ, big time.
Oh and there would've been white people who objected to the black slaves so don't generalise.

The fact is that Asia couldn't give a toss about Human rights and never will.

Just try and get it into your head that to restrict people from watching a quality game of cricket simply due to the fact that they have a penis between their legs is a 19th Century atitude to have. This is the 21st century we're living in, and you are happy with a ruling that puts Pakistan in the dark ages.

In closing I would like to point out that Planet Cricket has a zero tolerance policy on discrimination of all kinds, including sex discrimination.

Sureshot said:
Times have changed over the last centuries ZZ, big time.
Obviously some people wish that society hadn't developed.

Sureshot said:
The fact is that Asia couldn't give a toss about Human rights and never will.
I wouldn't generalise all of Asia with that brush. A few Asian countries have respect for human rights, especially Japan.

And I would like Zahid to answer this:

Would you have a problem if a country said that they did not want white people watching their games, for reasons of culture?

No ducking the question, answer it.

Users who are viewing this thread