Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Avast

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Mcafee Virus Scan

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
I find Microsoft Antispyware to be pretty useful as it picks up some spyware which spybot and Ad-Aware didn't pick up.

Nod32 I don't think is even in NZ. If it is, it is extremely hard to find.

Guys how is zonealarm internet security?
as u people know norten internet security slows down pc
so which one should i install a light one but very useful?

Get Sygate firewall (I assume that is what you want from the internet security). You hardly notice it is there and it doesn't slow down the PC. Also offers protection.

Zonealarm is great - you'll still need antivirus
its free and protects you pretty well. You can buy the pro version for about $50 on the American site or ?50 on the UK site - how stupid... :p
Download the free one from www.zonelabs.com

aussie1st said:
I find Microsoft Antispyware to be pretty useful as it picks up some spyware which spybot and Ad-Aware didn't pick up.

Nod32 I don't think is even in NZ. If it is, it is extremely hard to find.

You can download it of off there website and pay over the net.

i use avast antivirus. its cool , has quite a good protection system and doesnt AT ALL slow down the pc :)

jk16_4 said:
i use avast antivirus. its cool , has quite a good protection system and doesnt AT ALL slow down the pc :)
Yeh, all is true, but the most important thing you said that it it doesnt slow your computer down is true, and that is why you should use it if you want a reliable free anti-virus.

Last edited:
jk16_4 said:

Nor does NOD32, only does if you let it download updates as it pleases, but even then games only slightly slow down, not enough to bother about.

embi said:
Zonealarm is great - you'll still need antivirus
its free and protects you pretty well. You can buy the pro version for about $50 on the American site or ?50 on the UK site - how stupid... :p
Download the free one from www.zonelabs.com

which one is much better zonealarm internet security suite or the pro version?
zonealarm internet security suite comes with an antivirus and zonealarm pro version doesn't have any antivirus right?

aryan_6668 said:
which one is much better zonealarm internet security suite or the pro version?
zonealarm internet security suite comes with an antivirus and zonealarm pro version doesn't have any antivirus right?

I reckon the whole suite would be, since it includes pro (i think). Download the trial and see how you get on.

EDIT: Just checked and the suite contains all the pro features and more.

Mcafee Virusscan 8

i think Mcafee Virusscan 8 is best because im using it since september 2005 and no virus was found yet on my PC........i used Norton Antivirus 2003 before Mcafee but NAV protection is not that great......i like NAV removal tools which are helpful.......but i think Mcafee is the best!!!!!!!!

1 Panda Platinum 2006
2 Trend Micro
3 PCCillin

Panda has about 30000 more virus definitions than Norton(crap). They are only the world's most trusted because they got alot of system builders on contract :mad like Dell.

Users who are viewing this thread