Your Cricket Your fastest delivery

Will_NA said:
My fastest delivery was around 162kph. It broke the stumps in half. By the way, I'm 15. Is that fast for my age? :rolleyes:
That's ridiculously slow. At 15 you should be able to bowl 200mph deliveries that swing twice in the air, snap the batsman's left leg off, then break all three stumps in to four pieces, some of which should kill the wicket-keeper and slips.

And I half expect to read someone in this thread saying that too.

they're pretty bog-basic el-cheapo stumps i use-full size,but fairly useless compared to other stumps

Almost_Austwick said:
However, I suppose it depends on his definition of 'cartwheel'. If the stump was placed very loosely in the ground and he managed to hit it right at the base then the stump may turn 90 degrees, maybe slightly more if it bounces the 'correct' way. This may be enough to fool somebody into thinking that they can cartwheel a stump from a yorker.
I suppose your pretty much spot on,i regard "cartwheeling as the stump flipping/beginning to flip,really open to any interpretation,really should've chose a different word to describe it,but its what sprung to mind

offdriven4 said:
they're pretty bog-basic el-cheapo stumps i use-full size,but fairly useless compared to other stumps

I suppose your pretty much spot on,i regard "cartwheeling as the stump flipping/beginning to flip,really open to any interpretation,really should've chose a different word to describe it,but its what sprung to mind

well i regard that post as an interesting attempt to cover a lie of ability. But its a cricket forum, so how can i prove it :rolleyes:

Yorker... the stump cant even spin if you hit it right at the bottom it will just fly back flat on the ground

masterkhan06 said:
So What I can bowl faster then anyone in the world
I can break all three stumps in half.

If you hit them with a hammer, one at a time. :rolleyes:

I'd say around 50mph (leggy), but it's about the same pace as when I try to bowl quickly, something wrong with my action...

sd92 said:
i would say my fastest is like 70mph. Is that fast or slow for a 14 year old??

wow we are so much a like, just turned 14 on the 6th April (93) and I can bowl a max of 110 kph that 69mph lol but i bowl an average of 55-65 mph, is that good for a guy who doesnt even play for a club?

I highly doubt 14 year olds, especially ones who've just turned 14 can bowl 110 max. I doubt much teeangers/preteens on this forum could bowl much faster if they tried to what the usual speed-rate they bowl at unless your distinctily bowling slower for a purpose if you're doing pace-bowling.

I can bowl 100-110 indoor so i wouldnt put it past him if he was taught from a young age

wfdu_ben91 said:
I highly doubt 14 year olds, especially ones who've just turned 14 can bowl 110 max. I doubt much teeangers/preteens on this forum could bowl much faster if they tried to what the usual speed-rate they bowl at unless your distinctily bowling slower for a purpose if you're doing pace-bowling.

Bowling 70 mph for a 14yo is certainly a rarity, but not impossible.

Last year, we had a lad play a game for our Sunday team and I've never, ever seen the slips and gully (I was at gully) so far back in club cricket. But this lad is unfairly talented, he really should share it around!!

When i go for Yorkshire, and east yorkshire you get rapid bowlers ever time, like 80mph no lie thats why there in yorkshire. I get bouncers at my head 24-7. now i will just duck

I've been playing for 1 and half years and I'm like 185cm tall and 14 years old. I got a decent build and I've got a decent knowledge of how to bowl so I don't see why I can't bowl 110kph because I do :D

Users who are viewing this thread