Your Cricket Your fastest delivery

I apologise for my language but if you are going to lie, at least make it believable e.g. my school hired a speed-o-meter last year and 3 of my 10 deliveries were over 70 mph

They havent even started pubity yet so what makes them think they could bowl 71. Maybe 51 :p

It's basically physically impossible to bowl 71 mph at 11.
I can assure you that an 11 will not have the physical capacity to do it.

ive got a friend at the cricket club whos 11 and can bowl at 55mph but thts a bit slower than 71 lol

I'd say that of all the people claiming to bowl above average, only about 5% actually hit the speeds they claim. We all love to think of ourselves as being quicker than we actually are but lets be honest, if most people could hit 80/90 mph then it wouldn't be such a sought after commodity in cricket.

Look at all of the true pace bowlers - how tall are they on average? I'd wager at least 6 foot. Why? Because you need to have long levers (arms/muscles) to help generate the power to propel the ball. Though it's not impossible you're very very unlikely to get anybody under the age of 14 bowling at 70 mph plus just because that they won't have the strength nor the size.

I've seen a lot of age group cricket over the years and can honestly say that in general you only ever see one, maybe two kids (out of a couple of hundred) who can touch 70mph when they bowl (and normally they're the ones who end up plagued with injuries by their late teens due to the strain they place on developing bodies in order to hit those speeds), it's not until they hit 16 that the speed really comes.

Remember, although it's great to be able to bowl fast unless you're playing top class cricket as long as you're able to put the ball on the spot 9 out of 10 times with swing and seam movement you'll always take plenty of wickets.

I bowl on average around the low 70's but that's with a good action and the fact that I have strong shoulders and long arms.

Last edited:
I can usualy bowl 60 and thats it maybe the occasional 63 but, im quite tall 5ft8

I'd say that of all the people claiming to bowl above average, only about 5% actually hit the speeds they claim. We all love to think of ourselves as being quicker than we actually are but lets be honest, if most people could hit 80/90 mph then it wouldn't be such a sought after commodity in cricket.

Look at all of the true pace bowlers - how tall are they on average? I'd wager at least 6 foot. Why? Because you need to have long levers (arms/muscles) to help generate the power to propel the ball. Though it's not impossible you're very very unlikely to get anybody under the age of 14 bowling at 70 mph plus just because that they won't have the strength nor the size.

I've seen a lot of age group cricket over the years and can honestly say that in general you only ever see one, maybe two kids (out of a couple of hundred) who can touch 70mph when they bowl (and normally they're the ones who end up plagued with injuries by their late teens due to the strain they place on developing bodies in order to hit those speeds), it's not until they hit 16 that the speed really comes.

Remember, although it's great to be able to bowl fast unless you're playing top class cricket as long as you're able to put the ball on the spot 9 out of 10 times with swing and seam movement you'll always take plenty of wickets.

I bowl on average around the low 70's but that's with a good action and the fact that I have strong shoulders and long arms.

THANK YOU!!! im 17 years old and 6'5 pushing 6'6 i can hit 120-130 kph thats it... but i dont rely on pace its my ball control that i get wickets with

This nerd in my P.E cant bowl and he got 4 of the over and there best batsmen. He was bowling about 10mph thats the only thing.

lol 10kph wouldnt make the end of the pitch i tried it with a ball machine ahahah

sorry i always do that lol i still dont think it would make it

devil i will never listen to a word u say....

it was actually 10:09pm

Users who are viewing this thread