Asia Cup 2010 - Sri Lanka

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
people who jump on Afridi's batting is missing one big point. He is an excellent bowler. He is good enough to be in the side on his bowling alone. Then you get 30-40 odd in 2 out of 10 matches and thats a bonus.

Plus Afridi can single handedly win you matches with his batting....even his 30s and 40s have a huge impact on the final score line.... because they bump the score from a 240 to 280 in no time.... he is an impact player and ppl will always like that....

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
yeah, congratulation to Afridi, he played a binder yesterday.

Totally awesome.
Congrats to him for his new record.

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
people who jump on Afridi's batting is missing one big point. He is an excellent bowler. He is good enough to be in the side on his bowling alone. Then you get 30-40 odd in 2 out of 10 matches and thats a bonus.

Plus Afridi can single handedly win you matches with his batting....even his 30s and 40s have a huge impact on the final score line.... because they bump the score from a 240 to 280 in no time.... he is an impact player and ppl will always like that....

I agree he's become a good bowler of late but that's only of late, his overall bowling in neither Tests nor ODIs is anything to be proud of. Plus he doesn't bat at number 8-9 so he can't be treated like a bowler. He bats in the middle order where you really don't need 24 runs of 20 balls so you can't really defend him.

He's a great T20 player and should be treated as such, if he really is a good bowler, play him as a bowler, not an allrounder. Bowling all-rounders don't bat at 6.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
SL won by 7 wickets..

This hints me, we will lift the Asia cup for sure :banana2

I want Bhajji to fire , pour his anger on the Lankans. like he did on Akhtar ;)

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Well bowled Farveez, but the hat-trick will receive less recognition due to the match being a dead rubber. Hopefully he would replicate this good performance in the final.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Well bowled Farveez, but the hat-trick will receive less recognition due to the match being a dead rubber. Hopefully he would replicate this good performance in the final.

Its still a hattrick. He bowled well today. :yes

rocky_g

International Cricketer
@MasterKhan: Dude I don't have anything against Pathans. You basically implied we need Pathans like Afridi. I'm telling you right now, Afridi is the bane of Pakistani cricket. Batting is not about hitting sixes, thisis proper cricket, not the Hong Kong sixes. By your logic, he's better than Tendulkar. Seriously man, learn to understand the game before you talk about it. It's because of people like you that he's been around in our team for so long. An average of 24 defines greatness? You've got to be joking! And before you speak about Broad and Panesar, have you seen their acheivements in the year they became Cricket of the Year?

As for the comparison with Tamim, your logic states that Afridi bowls and bats while Tamim just bats, thus Afridi is the better cricketer. By that logic Donald Bradman is nowhere near the mighty Yasir Arafat. :facepalm

haha lol :laugh

cricketmad09

International Coach
If Shakib is the no. 1 all-rounder in the world then I am spiderman

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Say Boom Boom again and Afridi screws his form. He's Brilliant now, always lively to watch him. Perhaps Captaincy is the best way to give your careless players some responsibility they'd otherwise give to wind.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^ BOOM BOOM!

If Shakib is the no. 1 all-rounder in the world then I am spiderman
He is #1 all rounder. It's definitely not Afridi. And you are still not a spider-man. Next in line would be Watto, Kallis, Collingwood.

Shakib is just going through a bad time. This was gonna happen sooner or later. Captaining a crap side like Bangladesh is not a easy job. He totally lost his batting form. ODI avg of 40 went down to 36/36. Test avg is going down as well. He still has his bowling together though. He needs go down the batting order and bat at #7 again, letting Riyad bat up the order.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Giving him captaincy so early was such a bad move. I would've given it to someone random like Abdur Razzak (97 ODIs) or Mashrafe Mortaza. Shakib can have less pressure and can still learn from the vice captaincy position.

Users who are viewing this thread