Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Sehwag is well below average in the second dig, but by and large, batsmen do bat worse in the second innings. Averaging 10 runs less is not atrocious. With that in mind, I wouldn't be putting it all on Tendulkar either, except that Gambhir and Dravid are already out.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Is it just me or is someone in the Indian team ALWAYS injured? It's getting really frustrating. This is international cricket. You can't be breaking down everyday.

We just keep picking injured players. :facepalm

Tbh we do have the toughest international schedule...plus IPL/ACL commitments.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looking at the way Sehwag played in the 2nd innings, he was a lot more reserved. Now I don't know if hes usually like that but that could be the reason why he doesn't go as well in the 2nd innings. If he was playing his natural game then he probably wouldn't have got out the way he did.

blazerix

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It seems very unlikely for India to pull this one off.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Dravid has managed just one century against Aussies in his entire career an that one century came 6 years ago. He's yet to score a hundred at home soil against aussies, what a great performance:sarcasm from a player who is considered on par with Sachin

AngryPixel added 5 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

I have been following cricket seriously since 96 dude so i know what i'm talking 'bout and you are saying that dravid has managed a avg close to 60 in last decade, well stats say 55 while Sachin in the same period avg 59. Can't see how you can ignore the stats.:facepalm
While we are talking about a decade, avg of 30,35 and 36 in successive years doesn't really shout I-Am-Best-Batsman-In-The-Team...
1) Your profile says you were born in 1998. So either you lied on your PC registration or you are lying here. Which one is it?

2) I didn't say Dravid averaged 60 during the decade. I said he averaged that during a period in the last decade. If you read my post, that is exactly what I said. In the mid-2000s, the debate of who is the best Test batsman in the world was between Ponting and Dravid, not Ponting and Tendulkar. Dravid eclipsed Tendulkar for a large part of the 2000s. Tendulkar has since come back and is the better batsman now, but Dravid was well superior for a long period in the 2000s. If you really want statistics, I can show them to you tomorrow.

3) Obviously your stats are junk because Dravid scored a 180 in Kolkata 2001 during the Laxman-Dravid partnership where Laxman scored 281. You're claiming that Dravid's only century against the Aussies was in 2003/4, which is obviously incorrect.

4) 3 above shows that you haven't really been following Indian test cricket since 1996 since anyone worth their salt following Indian cricket in 2001 would have Dravid's 180 ingrained in their head, along with VVS' 281.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
pwnt.

Anyways, 16 runs added quickly. This is what we gotta do, just take it 10 runs at a time, 20...50...and pretty soon we'll be home. Someone just needs to be there, that someone is Tendulkar.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Why does Viru get excused from the 4th innings? Everyone else has to turn up and perform, but not Sehwag? Does Kirsten really tell him 'Just do what you can and the others will bail us out'? It's a poor argument and a poor strategy (if it really is his strategy).
Viru doesn't get excused. If you look at my post, that wasn't my point at all. My point was that you shouldn't expect Viru to perform in the second innings. People were all over here pretending that chasing would be no biggie since Viru would get us the start whereas the reality is that The Monk only has 1 century in the second innings and his first/second innings average differential is 40 runs. That is mind-bogglingly large and proof that Sehwag is essentially a pushover in the second innings and that if he actually performs, the opposition should feel like they were unlucky.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Monk is generous. He tries to score enough runs in the first innings to make up for both innings, in order to give the bowler a chance.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So far, 21 runs scored by both these batsmen and they have looked decent so far. Hope they keep going like this and makes life easier for the upcoming batters.

Users who are viewing this thread