Feb 27 - India v England

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Awesome match!!! Reminded me of those India-Pakistan T20 classics in 2007. For the last ball, I was on my knees with my face looking at the ground (anywhere but the TV!). Best match for India in recent times. Yes its embarassing but heck guys, we needed such a pulsating game.

After seeing the way Strauss and Bell went by, I am happy we got away with a tie. But we need serious work to our bowling if we have to think about winning the tournament. Right now, Pakistan are favorites and Australia, South Africa and Sri Lanka are behind them. Then comes India and England (would tie them in again in that list). India should treat this as a shake up and work a lot on our bowling. I guess Chawla is losing his place for the next match. Either Nehra or Ashwin. He cost us the match.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
What were your expression before the last ball.
I am never going to be punished for long nails again in school. Bitten out all of them in this classic thriller!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The current rule is just right. If you dont get more runs than that of the opposition, its a tie.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Holy fish!

What a match! India played decently to put up a score of 300+ runs by virtue of a brilliant century by Tendulkar. They would have liked to put up a better score, especially after the start they got, but the lower middle order failed and so did the tail.

England started the chase really well and it required a magical catch to remove Pietersen. Strauss played a blinder and while Bell was at the crease with him, England were cruising home. Then came a major turnaround (courtesy Zaheer). England started to feel the pressure and kept on losing wickets, but one has to give credit to Swann and Shehzad who managed to hit a couple of sixes amidst the turmoil, which in turn secured them a tie.

A perfect advertisement for ODI cricket.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am never going to be punished for long nails again in school. Bitten out all of them in this classic thriller!

I thought India had it in the bag when there were 2 overs only left. But Swann and Bresnan did stunningly well to bring it to a tie. Its just a bloody amazing game of ODI cricket. Feel sad for Sachin that his hundred was put to shade by all these events.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned

My expression was getting ready to celebrate big time - just find the damn gap and run like your lives depend on it! Unfortunately, we didn't find the gap. Now, we have to go on and really do a job on Ireland to put down a marker - if we can play like this against them, we will win in a most handsome way; but of course, This Is England we're talking about. ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I thought India had it in the bag when there were 2 overs only left. But Swann and Bresnan did stunningly well to bring it to a tie. Its just a bloody amazing game of ODI cricket. Feel sad for Sachin that his hundred was put to shade by all these events.

Agreed there - I was getting ready for another 'snatch defeat from the jaws of victory' effort from England - but then we hit a few beautiful sixes to pull it back round. It was an unbelievable advertisement for ODI cricket - I feel sorry for all those Indian supporters who left early. :p

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Chawla in the 49th over was truly poor marshalling of resources by MSD. Yuvraj should have done it. Also , a lot of ppl are celebrating in Bangalore as though we have beaten them.
Tbh, it was a game that we should have won comfortably. Our stupid bowling has given away a lot here. Banlga posting 286, now England 338, what should the fans expect out of the Dutch game-359 ?:mad

Given that we have such a strong batting line-up, MSD should possibly try out chasing in the next few games.

King Cricket

International Coach
icyman said:
Chawla in the 49th over was truly poor marshalling of resources by MSD. Yuvraj should have done it

Let's not elide the fact that Chawla, though bleeding runs copiously, did take the wicket of Bresnan at a very crucial juncture of the game. Had Bresnan, who was just starting to look dangerous, been at the crease in the last over, there was every possiblity of things turning the other way round.

Gurjot95

National Board President
There was many turn around in this. After Indian Innings, it was looking like comfortable win. Then after England innings before Powerplays, it was looking like their comfortable win then after Zaheer Spell, India were favorites then after Chawala over and Shahzad Six, England were favorites. Both teams did mistakes and in the end deserved result for both teams.

Highlander999

ICC President
I reckon Bresnan should have got MotM today. He did some good late hitting and taking 5-48 on that track when the nearest economical bowler was Harbhajan at 5.80, highlights how well he did. Yes Strauss and Sachin batted well, but to get figures like that really does show a class performance on a pitch like that.

Also, anyone else reckon Jimmy is going to be struggling for his place with Broad back and fit for the next match?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A stunning match, have my boards Maths paper tomorrow but who cares when there is a much so interesting going on. All my nails have disappeared, absolute thriller.

And even though it's a tie, we do have a winner, the winner is the game of cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread