19 Feb - India vs Bangladesh

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yes, love the simplicity and innocent sort of attitude of Sehwag. A very good game that for India and not a real bad one for Bangladesh as they showed the guts while batting. They stuck it out. I'm happy with that and they can spring in a few surprises in this tournament.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bangladesh have Ireland and Netherlands that they can beat easily. They dont stand much of a chance at all against South Africa and England. The game that will count big for them will be the game against West Indies. If they beat WI, they stand a good chance to qualify for the quarters as the fourth team from Group B.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why are we all taking the West Indies as pushovers ? Mark my words, if they get going, they will be a side to watch out for- semi-finals in my opinion.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Bangladesh have Ireland and Netherlands that they can beat easily. They dont stand much of a chance at all against South Africa and England. The game that will count big for them will be the game against West Indies. If they beat WI, they stand a good chance to qualify for the quarters as the fourth team from Group B.

not a 100% sure england will cruise past them. KP opening is probably a good idea there, he's not the best against left arm spin and he would be facing nothing but it in the middle overs against bng.

but still, england don't have the fire power to dismiss them like india did. They didn't do particularly well in the warm ups either.

obvs are clear favourites though, just not as clear as india, south africa, australia and sri lanka would be.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Looking at the way our bowlers performed yesterday, I have come to two conclusions:

1. The bowlers didn't put in their 100% as they understood that there was no way BD could chase such a huge total,and thus relaxed. Maybe they would use their firepower for the next matches.

2. The Indian bowling sucks plain.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looking at the way our bowlers performed yesterday, I have come to two conclusions:

1. The bowlers didn't put in their 100% as they understood that there was no way BD could chase such a huge total,and thus relaxed. Maybe they would use their firepower for the next matches.

2. The Indian bowling sucks plain.

Sreesanth sucked. The rest did pretty well. That wicket was a very good one for batting, and Bangladesh are playing in the subcontinent and have some well known batsmen like Tamim and Shakib.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
big if though. they've not beaten a test side since all the players came back from that contract thing.

They only played RSA thereafter. They were whitewashed 4-0. After that, they haven't really played any cricket unless you count the Rain affected series against Sri Lanka. So, saying that they haven't beaten a Test nation doesn't really sum up things that well.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
They only played RSA thereafter. They were whitewashed 4-0. After that, they haven't really played any cricket unless you count the Rain affected series against Sri Lanka. So, saying that they haven't beaten a Test nation doesn't really sum up things that well.

white washed by australia as well.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I just hope that Sehwag continues to look to play 50 overs. The way he batted yesterday was more like how he bats in the test format. He didn't look to punish every ball after he got in.

Here's hoping for the best... :thumbs

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Geez, the last few pages of this made for pretty poor reading. Bangladesh is still an emerging nation and they've come leaps and bounds over the last few years. Some of the fans here are celebrating as if we just thrashed some team in the final of the WC to win it all.

Bangladesh looked nervy. Their pace bowlers were all over the place. It looked like they were unsettled by the occasion. I'm confident that they will cause an "upset" or two in this tournament, although I also think they will lose at least one match that they should have pencilled as a win.

Users who are viewing this thread