"See how many we get" mafia - Endgame. BKB1991, mafia, wins

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
and if people will read back over the previous days and not see PD and BKB dropping hints to each other, then I've probably lost my mind.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Don't know if I'll make it back for awhile, but here's a quick possible scenario. Some or all of it might be completely off, but it's where I'm at right now.

Night 0 - Mafia rolecop investigates Varun, finds out he's Watcher, and Colin reveals Watcher in the following write-up.

Day 1 - PD and BKB drop hints to each other. Manly and Yudi both focus on the mafia line.

Night 1 - Mafia attempts to kill Varun, but he's protected. Mafia rolecop investigates Cop "the man" "already knew he was town". While I get a second town result, which I'm not really satisfied with.

Day 2 - PD calls for Watcher/Cop claims, mass claims ensue with PD confirming he's the prankster.

Night 2 - Two people on the same mission but with slightly different results.. I investigated Puddleduck and got innocent, mafia also investigated him to confirm his true 3rd party role.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Just got back home. So I see you got a problem with me Sedition :p

Well I agree the suspicion is fair, and I would love to quote your massive post and answer each question in the post itself, but its too big and quoting it will be a hassle. I know you got genuine questions which I will try and answer.

I think your main issue is that I correctly guessed (provided PD is telling the truth) that there is a busdriver in the game. You see a BD was always part of a mafia game, as common as a cop or a doctor. Its only recently that with loads of members starting new games and not fully understanding what a BD does (I still dont completely do either) that the role has been redundant. So whenever I read a night report I am always looking for a hint of a bus driver just like I am looking for a cop or a doctor.

A BD may do whatever good to the town, it usually serves as a means of causing confusion to whatever hypothesis the town or mafia get to.I mentioned BD in passing on day 0 and frankly forgot about it later on. It was simply a possibility one that I should put in there for the town to observe but not one strong enough to re-enforce it.

The second post that you quoted of mine was when PD asked me about how I knew about the BD's existence. I meant night 1 there was no death and hence I pointed out the possibility that a BD at play could have resulted in it one way or the other. You have missed out a post of mine which probably explains a bit

1) Prankstar? Whats this role, has anyone read epic mafia roles or something. It could simply be a busdriver
2) The Cop perhaps? But why would he check someone he already knew?
3) Roleblocked. So we do have a town/mafia roleblocker who blocked a town role
4) Bus driver or something stopped another person?
5) Maybe the watcher found something?

So either the roleblocker blocked the godfather or the busdriver swapping caused the godfather to miss his kill? I still dont know how a bus driver works, so is that possible?

----------

Sultan is an Indian work for a king, I dont know anything about a pultan

Here I suggested that a BD could exist because
He had a target in mind but events didn't go as planned. He kicked his cat when he got home.

And one of the reasons of things didnt go to plan was because of the involvement of a BD. I was never 100% sure there was a BD and when PD claimed to be one and no one cc'ed him I believed his claim.

When I was asked by PD, about when I knew about a BD I was talking about the post above but had forgotten my Night 0 analysis simply because it didnt mean much.
I hope your confusion is sorted.

As for my thoughts on whom to lynch simsanta seems to be the popular choice, but I'd also like to point Yudi once again for avoiding the gun. If it was his activity in this thread alone he should have been replaced, so its possible hes active with the mafias hence no mention of him being replaced earlier. And I can gurantee you that Yudi has done this before, I can even find the mafia game where he pulled this stunt off (i.e. inactive in the thread). I want him to come and post his thoughts and till then:

Lynch: Yudi

----------

What do you mean by dropping hints?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
If it was his activity in this thread alone he should have been replaced, so its possible hes active with the mafias hence no mention of him being replaced earlier. And I can gurantee you that Yudi has done this before, I can even find the mafia game where he pulled this stunt off (i.e. inactive in the thread). I want him to come and post his thoughts and till then:

Lynch: Yudi

Why lynch off someone for inactivity when the mod has already stated that he is going to be mod killed for inactivity if he doesn't post?

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't know if I'll make it back for awhile, but here's a quick possible scenario. Some or all of it might be completely off, but it's where I'm at right now.

Night 0 - Mafia rolecop investigates Varun, finds out he's Watcher, and Colin reveals Watcher in the following write-up.

Day 1 - PD and BKB drop hints to each other. Manly and Yudi both focus on the mafia line.

Night 1 - Mafia attempts to kill Varun, but he's protected. Mafia rolecop investigates Cop "the man" "already knew he was town". While I get a second town result, which I'm not really satisfied with.

Day 2 - PD calls for Watcher/Cop claims, mass claims ensue with PD confirming he's the prankster.

Night 2 - Two people on the same mission but with slightly different results.. I investigated Puddleduck and got innocent, mafia also investigated him to confirm his true 3rd party role.

All of it makes perfect sense. And besides, it can't be me since I am not on the same mission as you, in that I don't watch players I'm suspicious of, but those who I feel will be targeted.

Also, is using your telescope to watch inside people's houses a jape?

(massive analysis post coming after this)

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Okay, here we go.

They laughed at the men who trusted them and planned their deaths.

The key point here is that town players in general don't trust any one in the beginning of the game so I feel it is the usurper. But why 'they', unless the Usurper character is comprised of several persons. On the other hand, it may well be a red herring, and 'trusted them' is nothing more than flavor.

Even though they were eminent members of the town, they were still suspicious of each other. They were wise. Trust no-one.

I did not target Varun however, so that leads me to believe that my target was another important town role. Watcher targeted cop, cop targeted town PR, and that is what the

eminent members of the town being suspicious of each other perhaps refers to. For that reason I won't reveal my Night 0 target.

Sedition, somehow it doesn't involve me because even if I watched you, it has nothing to do with me being or not being suspicious of you since I ascertain the players who targeted you not your actions. There might be a missing link, given everyone hasn't claimed yet.

He had many a jape planned but on this occasion he thought it best to look after number 1. He laid his plan accordingly.

The reason it keeps saying I'm looking after number 1 is because I keep swapping night actions from me to other players

Still not satisfied with PD's argument that he was the number 1 for himself. Also, 'look after'? PD, don't you switch people, rather than looking after them? TBH, on second look, this seems more to be a 'Jack of All Trades' than any prankster etc. Also, possible the person mentioned is the mafia role cop. In that case, Number 1 would refer to someone like PD or Sedition investigating whom is a priority.

He preferered the company of his own folk. At least he knew they would watch his back for him.

Options:
1. Hider. If there is one, I'd like him to come out.
2. A player deciding his alignment on Night 0. Weird though.
3. Commuter.
4. Cult recruitment.

Every option is very unlikely but I can't think anything else.

He was scared of everyone and everything but he was safer than he realised.
[/QUOTE]

Sedition, are you sure this is Manly the Godfather?

His prank was primed and ready to go. He chuckled softly to himself.
He went through the motions and checked the man out anyway. He already knew he was innocent though.
Just as he was about to set off he was accostted by someone who looked familiar. "We don't like your type around here", he said as he locked him up for the night.
He had a target in mind but events didn't go as planned. He kicked his cat when he got home.
Another night gone and more information gathered yet he wasn't really satisfied.

This doesn't seem like a Jack of all Trades though, so I'm not sure. But I do see a connection between the Night 0 reference in that that then 'he laid his plans' and on Night 1 'his prank was primed and ready to go'. If this is PD, he is lying about his role.
Sedition might be a naive cop, or this is simply the mafia role cop.
Why the hell I am not Zhuorb's type? And why 'we'?
This is more likely to be Sedition.

My role makes me believe everyone could has some role or the other, maybe some like me which aren't powerful, but a role for the sake of it.

Care to explain how sim?

Lynch me off if you want, I've answered the same questions so many times I don't really care any more. If people can't read, and keep ignoring my lines of inquiry then

there's no point me being alive anyway. You basically lose your town doc if you kill me as that's what my role equates to.

I've told you all at least a few times, that I specifically picked people that I felt wouldn't get night actioned or might be mafia/cult/etc so that I would constantly remain safe

and could use whatever people posted later to get far more information that people might expect.

Lynch: Themer again. And again. Couldn't look more guilty from where I'm sat.

Firstly, you are not the doc, PD. If someone's going to kill you, and you switch yourself, the other person gets killed. And that's not at all unlikely. You yourself have admitted that you are picking people who aren't likely to get night actioned so as to minimize your chances of dying. And finally, I don't see how Themer could look so guilty to you.

You're most likely an individually aligned player who's aim is to survive the game.

Varun was obviously targeted Night 1, and as for Night 0 there was no kill, Manly is not clear and it's unlikely he would be killed Night 0.
Lynch:Manly
Pretty sure on this lynch, let's go ahead and do it.
Jailkept simsanta123.
Either he was targeted, or he is mafia. I'd go for the latter.
Lynch:simsanta123
No reason to prolong this day, really. The write-up clearly shows that the mafia was jailkept. Let's win!

That methodical let's go ahead and win this makes me suspicious of you Zhuorb, not as a mafia, but as a cult-recruited player. And saying let's win doesn't even make sense at this point of the game.

]
Sim lynches Manly in a slightly aggressive post. Manly claims Beloved Princess and Sim unlynches. All this happens in a span of ten minutes and Manly only had two votes so Sim could also have waited a

bit? Also, spot the similarities in their claims? We need to cautious (apparently) in lynching both - Manly has claimed Beloved Princess and Sim Hated Townie.

I know it paves way for the reverse-psychological reply 'if we were both anti-town (not saying mafia) why would we do so to attract attention' but still FOS: Manly, Sim.

This along with Zhuorb blocking Sim makes him all the more suspicious.

I think this is Yudi. Surely, we aren't paying much attention to him and that's working for him..

Lynch : Yudi

I'd like him to be replaced if he's inactive. If he's doing it deliberately, then I'm going for him.

In fact, User, it's actually working for you. And BKB. Yudi is not being paying attention to, and it's NOT working for him. He's been mentioned again and again, and we want to lynch him. But we haven't been paying attention to you, and you surely like it that way. Same with BKB before this Day 3.

I've received successful on all 3 nights. I would imagine Varun received something like "you could not use your role tonight" when he was role blocked.

Yeah, I mentioned it before.

He knew exactly who he would be locking up tonight; the man looked scummy as could be. He was sure his action was the right one.

Colin has tried to cause enough confusion with 'He was sure his action was the right one.'. Surely it was. Was it? But the kill prevented, so....

Freed from his previous restraint he slipped out as soon as it got dark. Would he learn something of interest tonight?

This is me.

Both of them were on the same mission. They came to slightly different conclusions though.

Sedition's opinion makes sense. It indicates similar roles, and I can imagine none in this game except cop/role cop.

That about does it, and with it FOS: Sim, User, Puddleduck, Zhuorb, BKB. Themer has seemed town to me, Sedition as well. Yudi needs to post or he'll get modkilled anyway.

Lynch: Puddleduck. Just for the sake of lynching someone out of the FOSes. I'm much more inclined to lynch Sim, but if he is telling the truth, I better be not.

----------

*better not.

----------

and if people will read back over the previous days and not see PD and BKB dropping hints to each other, then I've probably lost my mind.

Can you point where you see it Sedition? I have scoured through the thread and don't seem to notice it.

----------

Also, the only argument I have in favor of PD telling the truth about his role at least is that it wasn't worth lying about it so early in the game with no one dead which would simply make it likely that he'd be discovered later in the game.

But then, it's PD so we can't be sure.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I'll start by responding to BKB first. It's not just suggesting the Bus Driver, which may not even exist, that has me suspicious now. Your analysis where you grouped the mafia-related lines together after saying you believed each line has a different meaning looks like you knew more than you were letting on. And your mention of looking for teammates.. Mafia looking for the 3rd party perhaps since it seems mafia had met already.

PD seemed pretty focused on suggesting 3rd party roles - Jester, Cult, Survivor. Jumped on board with the Bus Driver pretty quick after you suggested it and I agreed it's possible. Looks like a third party trying to identify himself to the mafia to avoid getting night killed.

That is what I mean by dropping hints. It's not that I totally believe that the BD role even exists in this game, but I think the motive was to identify yourselves to each other, so as to not get in each other's way.

There was also someone that no-one had paid much attention to mentioned in this latest write-up, either at yesterday or overnight, both of which fit you.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Unlynch Sim

I'm confused. I do get the impression that he's telling the truth though following his posts. As confused as me like but he's given off town vibes.

Lynch:PD

For the fun of it.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Okay now Varun's post :p

I agree that it feels like an usurper role laughing at mafia/town, but I think "they" refers to both the usurper and 3rd party. Originally I thought it was a Cult, but I can't find any further clues for that.

Not sure about the missing link between you, Zhuorb and myself. I think it was a solid clue about town PRs all targeting each other, and not entirely accurate for Zhuorb who had actually targeted mafia. Watcher > Cop > JK > Mafia.
But yeah, with some people's roles still unknown, anything is possible I guess.

I backtracked on the "scared of everyone and everything line" once I saw Manly was probably GF. I think the person in that line is probably still in the game.

The rest of your post I'm asking myself a lot of the same questions. Will go back over things after some sleep :p

----------

I'm starting to think PD is the Jester and is just trying to get lynched :p No doubt some kind of 3rd party.. I think we aim for mafia again, he mustn't be SK with the total lack of night kills..

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
He preferered the company of his own folk. At least he knew they would watch his back for him.

That's me. Like I said my role is self defensive in the sense that if I come into any harm my "family" will look after me. Bit of an interesting role really and its why I was so belligerent earlier on against PD.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I'm not sure of the vote count, but I'm in no mood to lynch PD or Sim at this stage. Let's not forget that I did get an innocent result on PD, and my previous two results did help narrow things down to Manly. Could be naive, but at this stage I'm inclined to believe that PD is a non-threatening 3rd party.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I am not following you Sedition. How can you accuse me knowing more than I was letting on based on Night 0. Even if I was mafia, how can I know so much as you accuse me of on NIght 0 itself.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
So let me get this right? You investigated me and found I was town and still don't believe me? I give up. Seriously, I've been ignored all game despite not having lied once other than to try and throw the mafia off before I acted on the 3rd night.

I have no inclination to help any of you and I can't be assed anymore. Anyone who doesn't think Manly (mafia) laying down a random lynch, and Themer laying down a pressure lynch whilst Manlys was still in play about 12 hours later isn't suspicious is almost certainly some kind of anti-town role. Further to that, Varun attempting to turn on me after I suggest I think he might not actually be town-aligned is to be expected really. Also, how do you not understand Varun, that I am essentially the doctor for town? I tried to protect any attempts to kill Sedition (he's more important than you) by placing it back on you because I have a hunch you're not town aligned. Manly (rememer him guys? The mafia guy :rolleyes) attempted to clear you for the game, which for me was enough to treat you with suspicion.

For the first night in the game I didn't try and switch any actions on me because I had hoped Sedition would investigate me and I didn't want to mess around with it. With half the town seemingly thinking I'm some kind of crazy role I figured mafia wouldn't target me anyway.

Clearly they have tried to lynch me off the next day, and the one constant is Themer.. Remember the whole he stayed quiet, everyone ignored him? Well did anyone even know Mark was in the game before Themer swapped?

Come on guys, stop playing like bell ends.

Funny how Themer keeps turning up with the 2nd lynch after someone else does it... on me.. without any real reason other than that he doesn't think I'm the role I say I am.

----------

I still need to re-read some of what's happened during work (only read this page closely).

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Sedition's naive cop I think hence the feedback he's got. At no point have we seen any evidence that there's a BD at play. Your posts have come across as scummy unlike Sim's who seemed genuine.

Enough for me.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors

You have almost certainly lost your mind :eek:

----------

Bored of this game now. If Themer doesn't turn out to be some kind of anti-town role, I'll be highly surprised. My analysis and questions have been ignored all game, so as I said, I couldn't really give a flying feck anymore.

Lynch: Puddleduck and may town burn in hell for being so crap.

----------

If Sedition is naive cop, does that not mean that User is no longer actually cleared? Certainly fits the bill of being afraid but not having to worry this time. Being beneath the radar etc...

Users who are viewing this thread