Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Had another brilliant edge that flew over the head of second slip & went for 4 yesterday
I find the more time you put into DBC 14 the better it gets I have played alot of tests and 50 over games and it still surprises me what the AI can do and since the last patch am getting some really close and exciting one dayers

took a wicket today with possibly the worst ball I've ever bowled in the game.

quarter-final of my 404 cup, England 30s (me) v England 1993 (AI). Hedley Verity to Chris Lewis. My hand slips as I'm bowling, so I end up with spin in the red and pitch in the yellow (short)... and absolute half-tracker that Lewis is so dismissive of he actually essays a dilscoop... straight to deep fine leg, where I have the Nawab of Pataudi.

brilliant, brilliant moment.

loving this game all over again right now.

Had another brilliant edge that flew over the head of second slip & went for 4 yesterday
I am trying to think of anyway I can help out.

Have you tried a fielder at fly slip or gully?

Thinking of the games I have played those two positions and the keeper were the ones that caught the most edges especially when fast bowling was concerned with spin it would go to the keeper and a rare one would go to the slips.

I am trying to think of anyway I can help out.

Have you tried a fielder at fly slip or gully?

Thinking of the games I have played those two positions and the keeper were the ones that caught the most edges especially when fast bowling was concerned with spin it would go to the keeper and a rare one would go to the slips.

Honestly I've never considered it a problem, only that it doesn't happen enough! It's just part of cricket and it looks fantastic in the game.

I've not been asking for more edges for cheap wickets but because it's a brilliant part of cricket: both the pleasure of nabbing the wickets with an edge and equally the frustration of it flying over the slips, going through gaps/vacant areas, and not carrying etc.

That sort of stuff is so much better than a chip to mid-off

Honestly I've never considered it a problem, only that it doesn't happen enough! It's just part of cricket and it looks fantastic in the game.

I've not been asking for more edges for cheap wickets but because it's a brilliant part of cricket: both the pleasure of nabbing the wickets with an edge and equally the frustration of it flying over the slips, going through gaps/vacant areas, and not carrying etc.

The only thing I would be worried about, is if there was like a set way to get edges. Like almost all previous cricket games, somewhere along the line, people figured out exactly how/what/where to bowl, to get wickets. That would be very disappointing. Hopefully they can keep things like that out of it, and I feel DBC14 has done that very well.

Pretty much how I feel, I also have a fetish for edges...just the way it nicks off the bat and into the keepers gloves gives me a funny feeling inside and I wish we had more of it as edges are a very common part of cricket but one games always seem to miss out!

The only thing I would be worried about, is if there was like a set way to get edges. Like almost all previous cricket games, somewhere along the line, people figured out exactly how/what/where to bowl, to get wickets. That would be very disappointing. Hopefully they can keep things like that out of it, and I feel DBC14 has done that very well.

I think some games had a variable of when the AI would edge however in DBC14 there's literally not enough edges. If you watch a real match as I said about edges are very common in cricket so I think they defo need to add more of them in. But I have high hopes for that in the new version!

Yes but that's also why its key that not every edge = wicket, but may not carry, go in gaps, fly over heads etc. as in real cricket. Then setting the field becomes more of a test.

Right now you can stick one slip in for show then ring the in-field and wait for the inevitable chip to cover/mid-off/mid-on or suicidal run out.

Also the bowling system in DBC makes it a harder to put the ball in exactly the same spot every time than old style pitch marker/button press games so that would hopefully help that situation too

hi anybody know how to swing the ball outside off stump to middle stump or swing outside leg to middle stump in don bradman cricket game any body do like that type swing in to game
if yes then help me for swing bowling thanks

hi anybody know how to swing the ball outside off stump to middle stump or swing outside leg to middle stump in don bradman cricket game any body do like that type swing in to game
if yes then help me for swing bowling thanks

If you're using a right hand bowler when he is running up hold left stick diagonal left (up+left) and then aim the right stick a bit up+right so it's line is around middle stump and it will swing out to off stump.

Going to start a youtube series on this to the leadup of DBC17, anyone keen to follow/help me decide what discipline to choose?
Try playing as an opening batsman. Also, may i ask if you're very good at the game?

Users who are viewing this thread