Sri Lanka tour of India - November/December 2017

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I came here to post my opinion about yesterday's events that unfolded.

To be honest, it reminded me of my childhood, when I used to bat first, and once I got out, I'd tell all the guys playing "I'll be right back, I need to excrete," and then never return!

Sri Lankan's have stooped down to such a new low, no body can ever think of stooping down to. This may hurt some Sri Lankan fans and Indian haters, however this is bitter truth.

Indians had to bowl at Sydney test in 2011 for almost 2 and half days (Michael Clarke's 329 game), and India lost that test, in fact, series with full dignity, unlike this Sri Lankan team, who were in search for excuses and stopped bowling.

If pollution is concerning them so much, why not forfeit the game and leave New Delhi? Nothing is more precious than health and life, after all. For that matter, a player who is not 100% fit is not allowed to play a game because it might backfire big time. Why is the entire quad still in New Delhi, and batting without masks when they don't find it safe to play cricket at?

Take my words, if there is no change in the attitude of Sri Lankan players, with the likes of Afghanistan getting ready, 4 years from Now, Sri Lanka will be relegated from test playing nations, and they'll need to play qualifiers to make it to World Cup.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yet another innings Rahane failed! Last golden opportunity missed. Wish him luck and hope he does well in SA tour

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Looks like Shami and Lakmal both vomited.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Looks like Shami and Lakmal both vomited.

Shami too? What's the source? If true, this is a slipper shot for those who were deriding Sri Lanka for the way they reacted. And this puts a serious question as to whether this game should be abandoned without any further play. Its not worth it even for the Indian players, who will be visiting overseas soon for a very challenging tour. We do not want our guys to store toxins in their lungs and fall sick just before the SA tour.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shami too? What's the source? If true, this is a slipper shot for those who were deriding Sri Lanka for the way they reacted. And this puts a serious question as to whether this game should be abandoned without any further play. Its not worth it even for the Indian players, who will be visiting overseas soon for a very challenging tour. We do not want our guys to store toxins in their lungs and fall sick just before the SA tour.
http://www.dnaindia.com/cricket/rep...-shami-too-vomits-at-feroz-shah-kotla-2565221

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This is test cricket. Not who dares wins. If a little vomit makes you feel like the game should be abandoned, I suggest television soap opera as a viewing experience and not pro sport. Some real prima donna's here.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There has got to be some kind of a penalty given to a spin bowler from the team/management if he bowls a no-ball. How a spinner can miss his mark in his small run-up is beyond me.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This is test cricket. Not who dares wins. If a little vomit makes you feel like the game should be abandoned, I suggest television soap opera as a viewing experience and not pro sport. Some real prima donna's here.
Its a sport, not a war man! It is different in viewing and playing test cricket. Try playing 5 days cricket and you would know what some vomiting can cause to you.

B

Bigby Wolf

This is great comeback by Sri Lanka that Dhananjaya Silva really played well saw him against Australia last year looked impressive with the bowl then and now showing some good positive intent to get a well deserved hundred finally succumbing to the Delhi atmosphere which is really unfortunate could well be the opening the Indians need to win this one.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Its a sport, not a war man! It is different in viewing and playing test cricket. Try playing 5 days cricket and you would know what some vomiting can cause to you.

Why criticise or comment at all in sport? If someone can't play fast bowling and I point that out, will you come and tell me 'try playing 90mph and then talk?' It's an argument of convenience. If I just point out 3 examples in sport to you of people who have overcome massive physical setbacks in sport this will look funny to you.

Not to brag, but I have played with torn ligaments in my ankle and I was sure I couldn't walk but my coach said I could. I ended up playing and doing well because the mind is far greater than the body.

Frankly, I don't give a flying saucer about who has what level of commitment or fitness. It's my opinion that the SL players were playing up a situation in Delhi that needs addressing more than they needed to. I've given my arguments towards it like no masks while batting etc. I completely understand that people don't feel SL were wrong. But, I have the right to an opinion and I don't understand why the others have to be so judgemental about mine?[DOUBLEPOST=1512549526][/DOUBLEPOST]This series has had some good wickets to bat on and the great Ravichandran Ashwin has been exposed! Jadeja is going to be of far more value in SA.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Frankly, I don't give a flying saucer about who has what level of commitment or fitness. It's my opinion that the SL players were playing up a situation in Delhi that needs addressing more than they needed to. I've given my arguments towards it like no masks while batting etc. I completely understand that people don't feel SL were wrong. But, I have the right to an opinion and I don't understand why the others have to be so judgemental about mine
Fair Enough! Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread