1st Test: England v Australia

Congratulations to Ponting of reaching his 38th Test century.

The big lunge forward is back. Congrats Punter and Katman.

5-0 England. Yeah.

Australia still has some work to do tomorrow. If everything goes to plan they should have about a 150 runs lead at the end of the day.

That Ladies and Gentlemen is why we won't win the Ashes. I love our team to bits but we are on the whole, a team full of bottlers with no spine whatsoever. Still, well played to Australia. Ponting proving he's still amazing.

That is oen of the most depressing days cricket I can recall for God knows how long. It's like being in 2001 again.

good night poms. Cya tomorrow. Actually the girlfriend wants to go out tomorrow ... cya saturday.

From that performance, you'd expect Australia to at least top England's first innings score, if not surge far beyond it, but with unmatched runs on the board, the opposite is still possible. It mightn't seem like it now, but when conditions can change overnight, you never know. 9 overs into tomorrow the second new ball might be a good one and someone may play a blinder to get England back in it. They'll get at least a session to claw their way back in, maybe two if they keep it tight. That's plenty of time.

Well played Ponting and Katich! Both deserve the centuries. :clap Really! What a comeback by the Aussies. Now they are undoubtedly in the driver's seat, and if these two continue for some more time tomorrow, then England will be under immense pressure, and from that point, it will be very difficult for them to come back into this match. I expected something better from Stuart Broad, Jimmy Anderson and the rest. They disappointed me, really disappointed me. It's clearly advantage Australia after day two. England can still come back, but they badly need some wickets. And they need to break this pair as early as possible, tomorrow. Otherwise, it's very difficult.

And just adding, yeah, Swann proved me wrong today. Guess I underestimated his batting skills. I admit it, I was wrong. Though, it doesn't matter anymore. England, thus far, has failed to make use of the huge total.

Last edited:
Frankly Australia - South Africa was more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread