4th Test: Australia v England at The MCG, 26-30 Dec

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Come off it - we were ten times better in the summer, with a very similar squad.

No you weren't. England barely won the first test by 10 odd runs, and a couple of other Tests which Aussies dominated were affected by rain. That 3-0 scoreline was pretty misleading and England didn't dominate Aussies anywhere close to what the scoreline suggests.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That 3-0 scoreline was pretty misleading and England didn't dominate Aussies anywhere close to what the scoreline suggests.

I don't care, A win is a win in my book.

C Boomer

Club Captain
The spirit of '81 !

I'll not forget when a formative teenager watching a rejuvenated Ian Botham, relinquished and reprieved from the burdensome responsibility of captaincy, his side humiliated after following on, already1-0 down in this series, walking to the crease with 6 odd wickets already down, then along with tailenders the late great Graham Dilley and Chris Old, they battered the vibrant over confident Aussie bowling attack to all parts around Headingley!
The following day, an inspired Bob Willis destroyed and decimated their much vaunted batting line up, Border et all to capture an historic victory and the rest as they say....is History !!

Jimmy Anderson, Stuart Broad etc. Stand & deliver...Your country needs You !!
:mad

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Is Chris Broad going to take over as match referee and ban the entire Aussie team from taking the field in Sydney?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Even Prior would have snaffled that. Shockingly bad from Bairstow.

----------

Seeing replays of that 3rd Test, I'm wrong. They'd both be leaving it. :facepalm

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Root bowling round arm rubbish, while Panesar watches on just fielding, is one of the stranger things that have gone on in this tour. And that's saying something.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Hold the phone, 1 hour 35 minutes into the session and he's finally on.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
aaaand obviously as i type that i hear strauss say "and monty is coming into the attack"

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I wonder how close a game it would be, if this England side took on the English players playing in the Aussie T20 Comp? There must be almost 11 of those to choose from too. I imagine bowling would be a struggle, but the batting could be just as good. Which is worrying.

Last edited:

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
England just cannot bat at the moment; what is going on??

Or bowl...or...dear god, the fielding - seriously how can we keep getting worse? Surely when The Sporting Times wrote their obituary of English cricket, we hadn't played this badly? Australia must look at this completely broken and dismantled team and think 'good job well done'. It'll be over before tea.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Bairstow's making progress. I mean, he's still not catching them all, but he is at least trying now. :D

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
why the fearsome tweak are they not bowling Monty? The spinner got 5 wickets yesterday; yet they are still going to carry up pitching outside off stump to "save runs" when Australia have a day and a half to score 100!

Its too late to do it now; they should have used him instead of pissing around with Root earlier

Users who are viewing this thread